Under the work direction of the Brewers, the Assistant Brewer 2 is responsible for cellaring, fermentation, yeast handling, dryhopping, finishing and clarification. The Assistant Brewer 2 will assist the Brewers on shift in the brewing processes as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform the following as directed by on-shift Brewer(s):
- Perform tank, wortway and packaging line CIP’s
- Operate Brewhouse for extended periods while Brewer performs
- Filter or centrifuge beer
- Dry hop beer
- Carbonate beer
- Take daily gravities, evaluate fermentation progress and schedule future tasks based on status of fermentations
- Maintain cellar records. Use Plex ERP system as primary brewery records tool
- Conduct Quality Assurance and Quality Control work including gravity, cell counts, sampling, yeast dumps and pH checks on product
- Fill casks
- Harvest and pitch yeast
- Clean kegs and casks
- Fill kegs and casks
- Work on the bottling line
- Clean the brewery facilities
- Clean and maintain the keg washing and milling areas
- Maintain orderly inventory of malt, hops and other brewing supplies as needed.
- Clean organize and stock hops cooler on a weekly basis
- Assist in maintaining inventory of brewery supplies and ingredients
- Assist with maintenance and overall cleanliness of entire brewery and cellar including tank exteriors and floors
- Cover lunches for and Assistant Brewer 1 and Brewer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completed training/education at an accredited brewing institute or 1 year equivalent experience in a Cellarman position in a comparable production brewery.
- Completed apprenticeship in brewing setting preferred
- Must have a valid California drivers license and a good driving record
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, and computer equipment
- General computer and data entry skills in MS Word and Excel preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and strong personal knowledge of the microbrewery industry and market is preferred
- Ability to work well with superiors and co-workers in a production and office/warehouse environment
- Ability to change tasks quickly and still maintain attention to detail
- Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull over 100 pounds
While performing the duties the employee is:
- constantly required to stand
- constantly required to use fine manipulation and simple grasping in order to handle production equipment and to utilize the computer and other standard office equipment such as telephone, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- constantly required to reach computers and other office and machinery
- frequently required to communicate with others
- frequently required to sit
- frequently required to use taste and smell senses
- frequently required to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 lbs
- frequently required to lift and transport items weighing up to 170 lbs
- Equipment typically used: Mueller brewhouse, DE filter, centrifuge, plate filter, Keg washer, keg fill rig, CIP skid, yeast disposal pump, hop elevator, portable pumps, pallet jack, forklift, and computers for record keeping
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Employee frequently works in a brewery environment with a moderate amount of noise and activity. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.
TO APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@greenflashbrew.com