Website Flix Brewhouse
The Assistant Brewer provides direct support to our Lead Brewer as it relates to the production of in house beers, quality assurance, beer education, and craft beer-related event facilitation.
Job Purpose: To ensure guest satisfaction is delivered through quality craft beer production.
- Candidate must work well independently and with others.
- Candidate must have a true passion for the art of brewing.
- Candidate must work with and assist Lead Brewer as needed with all brewing related duties.
- A candidate with mechanical inclination and general understanding of fluid dynamics is highly preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work an average of 40 hours per week with overtime as needed.
- 1-2 years of brewing experience in a brewpub or production environment preferred, but not required.
- Candidate must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours a day, as needed.
- Cicerone® Certified Beer Server or higher certification preferred.
- All aspects of beer production including: milling/mashing in, fermentation, cellaring, carbonation, yeast management and dispensing.
- Cleaning and sanitation of all equipment.
- Monthly inventory of all ingredients, product and chemicals.
- Develop new recipes in conjunction with the Lead Brewer.
- Communicate new beer offerings with management staff.
- Work with Director of Learning and Team Member Development to communicate new offerings to hourly staff members through e-learning and online communication platforms.
- Facilitate occasional brewery tours.
- Assist in set up and facilitation of beer festivals.
- Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift 50lbs or more.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Wide Spectrum Flix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service Philosophy We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and Delight We create emotional connections by going “above and beyond” and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic Leadership We generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good Food We offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the world’s only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Industry-competitive base wage.
- Comprehensive individual and family medical, dental and vision plans.
- “Safe-harbor” 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- 12 days paid time off in Year 1 increasing to 17 days after Year 5.
- 6 days paid federal holidays off.
- Free movies and discounts.
*Flix Brewhouse is proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D – Flix Brewhouse is an e-Verify employer.
To apply for this job please visit flixbrewhouse.hrmdirect.com.