G5 Brewing Co. is a brand-new brewery being built in Beloit, WI. We are in a state of the art 10,000 sq/ft building with great beer and food. The brewery will be a new QTS 10-barrel brewhouse. We will also have six fermenters, one brite tank and three serving tanks.
We are looking for an individual that is looking to gain experience in all aspects of the brewing industry. G5’s focus is creating a work atmosphere that is creative and fun. This person will work directly with the head brewer. Brewers participate in all facets of brewhouse and cellar operations and including but not limited to wort production, yeast management, record keeping, fermentation management, packaging, cleaning. Has creative duties as well which includes managing barrel program, pilot batch recipe design and execution, and managing infusion program.
Assistant Brewer (50%)
- Malt handling and wort production
- Adjusting water chemistry for specific beer
- Yeast management (harvesting and viability)
- CIP (clean in place) of brewing and fermenting tanks
- Logging of all brewing related notes
- Spent grain removal
- Packaging operation, kegs and canning
- Ability to lift 165 lbs
- Inventory management
- Help develop pilot system recipes
- Quality control (sensory panels, measurements and data collection)
- Help with brewery improvements
Brand Ambassador (50%)
- Bartending/serving to fill out hours
- Representing brand at festivals
- Delivering kegs to key accounts
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.