Over Yonder Brewing, is opening its door in spring of 2019 and is committed to brewing beer of the highest quality. The brewery is located in Golden Colorado, just 2 miles from Red Rocks Amphitheater. We operate a semi-automatic 10-vessel, 10 bbl brewhouse with 160 bbl of cellar space. We are looking for employees who are reliable, work hard, and share our appreciation for quality craft beer.
If the following characteristics describe your personality and work interests please send your resume, LinkedIn profile and overview of your interest in this position.
The Cellar Operator/Assistant Brewer will perform brewhouse and/or cellar operation duties as necessary. These duties include performing daily production functions in the brewhouse and cellar required to meet daily production goals. Position reports directly to the Brewmaster and will assist with any and all duties assigned to them. This position reports to the Brewmaster.
- Work smart & safely, including the proper use of required PPE.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area for themselves and team members.
- Add raw materials at various production stages of the brewing process.
- Complete wort production using semi-automated brewhouse equipment.
- Follow SOPs for all tank CIPs (Clean-In-Place), clean tank or line interiors.
- Tap line cleaning (if necessary).
- Monitor production operations (fermentation & conditioning of the beer).
- Operate centrifuge (when it arrives) and transfer beer via other sanitary methods.
- Sanitary assembly of process parts (soft lines, pumps, tri-clamp fittings, etc.).
- General cleaning of stainless steel tanks surfaces and exteriors.
- Tank dumping, evacuation, and CO2 venting.
- Tank breakdown and assembly.
- Preparing, checking the concentration of, and using various cleaning solutions.
- Weigh various ingredients and/or materials using a digital scale.
- Identify and report mechanical problems to supervisor.
- Perform basic maintenance task on pumps, valves, tanks, and process equipmentThe focus of job duties will be cellar work, dry hopping, yeast management, filtration, CIP, and cleaning, however, there will be an opportunity for wort production responsibilities for the right candidate.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – THE ASSISTANT BREWER/ CELLAR OPERATOR MUST POSSESS
- Fundamental knowledge of the brewing process
- The ability to read, understand and follow verbal directions
- The ability to read, understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Basic algebra skills; the ability to understand and perform metric conversions (gallons / ml.)
- The ability to use small hand tools
- Ability to climb and descend ladders, occasionally work at heights, as well as in confined spaces
- Be able to work flexible hours
- Maintain proficiency in two of the following production areas: brewhouse and cellar
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task
- Solid problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to do whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Software Skills such as Microsoft Office, Ekos_, Square
- Comfortable training on new equipment as needed
MINIMUM EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of prior experience working in a Commercial Production Brewery or Brew Pub a major plus
- A formal brewing education is preferred
- Physical Demands – The Assistant Brewer/ Cellar Operator must be able to:
- Frequently stand for the duration of the shift, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and occasionally maneuver up to 170 pounds.
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). This requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
This is a full-time, hourly position.
- Competitive hourly wage with regularly scheduled increases.
- Gratuity, split evenly among FOH staff members.
- Employee discounts on beer, food, and merchandise.
- Post-shift drinks…
The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only Over Yonder Brewing but of the alcohol beverage industry. With that said they are always to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of Over Yonder Brewing. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action or termination.
- This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
- Employment offer subject to background check
- Over Yonder Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.