Evanston has history with Temperance. Now it has a future, too. Come see us at the Tap Room. Now open everyday of the week!
The Assistant Brewer – Packaging Lead (ABPL) is a key role in the brewery, responsible for day-to-day packaging of our beers as well as the maintenance and upkeep of the packaging equipment. The ABPL reports to Brewers and works closely with the Brewery Operations Manager to run brewery packaging as efficiently as possible. The ABPL must be passionate about crafting fantastic beer, contributing to an enjoyable and efficient workplace, and striving to help create products that put a smile on the face of everyone who drinks Temperance Beer.
- Strong work ethic, time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Punctuality, responsibility, honesty, trustworthiness, and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work alone and with a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible work schedule, including occasional nights and weekends
- One year general brewery/production experience
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude
- Must be serious about safety, quality, and cleanliness
- Passion for beer, hard work, and fun
- Passion and willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Forklift operation certification a plus, as is the ability to shotgun beers
Duties & Responsibilities
The following reflects our definition of essential job functions but is not an exhaustive list and does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. We may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to brewery needs.
- Manage and operate all aspects of packaging, including keg filling, canning on a Palmer Canning 12-head rotary filler, and keg cleaning
- Create, maintain, and follow SOPs for all packaging equipment
- Adhere to established job protocols and PPE safety standards for all brewery tasks
- CIP tanks, brewhouse, and equipment and assist with brewery cellar operations as needed
- Coordinate/schedule temporary workers for canning days
- Operate our Alfa Laval Brew 80 centrifuge
- Complete all work with an eye toward low dissolved-oxygen (DO) values
- Make mechanical repairs to canning and kegging equipment
- Follow preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment
- Carbonate brite beer
- Maintain general upkeep, cleanliness, and sanitation of brewery
- Proudly & professionally represent Temperance at events & festivals outside the brewery, including events held at night and on weekends.
- Assist with keeping accurate inventory counts and production logs
- Ability to lift and stack 20 lb cases of beer, 44 lb boxes of hops, and 55 lb bags of grain
- Ability to manipulate and/or move up to 170 lb kegs
- Periodic handling of chemicals
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time Other required actions include but are not limited to: walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, twisting, bending, and crouching
- The job also requires manual dexterity and the ability to quickly move hands, grasp, manipulate, or assemble
- Operation of a motor vehicle/forklift
- Playing ping pong against other employees
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer and subsidize group medical, dental, life and disability insurance for full-time employees after 90 days of employment. Also included is vacation time, beer discounts, Temperance swag, and a fun and rewarding work environment!
To apply for this job please visit www.brewbound.com.