High quality artisan spirits distilled in the heart of the Southwest.
Santa Fe Spirits is looking for an experienced Assistant Distiller to join our team. Santa Fe Spirits has been producing award winning spirits in New Mexico since 2010, and is well known and respected in the craft spirit community. Santa Fe Spirits is a small operation personnel-wise; the ideal candidate is someone who has experience in all distilling and production activities and the temperament to work well with a close-knit team. Our current focus at Santa Fe Spirits is distilling and barreling our award winning Colkegan Single Malt Whiskey, and distilling our Wheeler’s Gin.
The assistant distiller is responsible for daily production including mashes, fermentations, distillations, barreling, proofing, blending and bottling. The assistant distiller is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the distillery and equipment. In addition the assistant distiller is responsible for keeping daily logs of production activity as required by State, Federal and Company policies. The assistant distiller will also assist in creating and adhering to production schedules, ordering supplies and troubleshooting equipment performance issues. Asssitant distiller reports to lead distiller and COO.
- Minimum 2 years experience in distilling or brewing
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs repeatedly and be on your feet most of the day
- Strong math skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to use distillery software such as Whiskey Systems or Still House
- Strong organizational and planning skills with constant attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years of age with clean, valid driver’s license
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a fulltime position. Salary is based on proven distilling and production experience
- Annual bonus upon meeting production goals
- Six paid national holidays per year
- Five paid vacation days in first year, ten in following years
- Five paid sick days per year
- Health insurance – 50% employer contribution, employee contribution deducted pre-tax
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $36,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.