Tapistry Brewing is looking to add an Assistant to help our current Kitchen Manger in our kitchen. Weekends and nights are a must. Must be 17 years or older to apply for this position.
Assistant Duties and Requirements:
- Must have Serve Safe manager certification or complete it within 3 weeks of job acceptance.
- Assist manager in daily tasks
- Assist managing stock items
- Assist in managing and enforcing staff expectations
- Assist in compliance of kitchen rules and function
- Assist in assuring coverage when needed
- Assist in special event coordination and communication
- Assure proper training
- Assure cleaning and tidiness of all kitchen functions
- Assist in organization
- Assist in meetings and communications
- Apply all best practices for all kitchen employees
- Assist in prep for kitchen
- Function as a working manager completing all tasks necessary for the kitchen
Day-to-day Job Activities:
- Prepping food for the day
- Washing dishes as they become dirty (including customer plates, or kitchen equipment)
- Cleaning the kitchen at the end of the night, including trash, boxes, dishes, surfaces, and all equipment used during the day.
- Able to work effectively as a team or individual
- Creating menu items for customers: appetizers, grilled sandwiches, salads, etc
- At slower times able to deep clean the kitchen and other tasks not able to be done at peak volume times.
- Creativity is encouraged to come up with possible new menu ideas and suggestions
- Communication is #1! Effectively work with other kitchen staff, bar staff and owners to keep everyone on pace with the other.
- Time management. Tapistry Brewing is growing everyday, so be able to effectively utilize all time during a shift to complete all orders quickly and in a precise manner.
- Organization. Keep things clean and organized in the kitchen at all times before, during, or after the kitchen closes.
- Self motivated. Sometimes shifts will be worked alone, it is important to be able to be self motivated to complete tasks without being delegated.
- Team player. At Tapistry Brewing we are a small close group that values the ability to work together and have a great time doing it!
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays are a requirement.
- Reliable transportation/ability to arrive punctually for ALL scheduled shifts is a MUST to be part of our team.
Our ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, and also the drive and desire to learn more about Tapistry Brewing. In addition to general day to day line cook activities, all team members will be expected to arrive punctually for all shifts scheduled, do all tasks delegated, and the ability to find other tasks without being instructed on everything needed to be done. Assistant is expected to work closely with the manager and aid in all aspects directed by management or owners.
Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays! Flexible schedule is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
- Prep Cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchen Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bridgman, MI 49106 (Preferred)
- Serv Safe (Preferred)
- Driver’s (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.