Back Of House Positions
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/Line Cook (Please indicate which position you are interested in)
Summary Of Position
Directly responsible for knowledge of the food program, menu development, and all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; directing kitchen staff; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, and cost control.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the Executive Chef and the brewpub’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the brewpub’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with Executive Chef to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the brewpub’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Monitor scheduling of labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of brewpub policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Provide safety training in lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
- Ability to make business decisions based on the mission statement of the brewpub.
- Support the Executive Chef and management to maintain the positive image of the brewpub.
- A minimum of five years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Be able to communicate and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Tampa Bay Brewing Company is one of Florida’s premier craft breweries. TBBC opened at the tail end of the last Micro-Brew boom. Our philosophy then and now is simple: Brew beer we love to drink!
Thank goodness there were plenty of like-minded people around to support our endeavor. Today, TBBC thrives within the incredible brewing community of Tampa, Florida which was once just a two brewery town…we were lonely back then!
We currently operate an Ybor Brewpub and a Production Brewery in the northern part of Tampa.
Our two breweries each have a taproom, outdoor patio, and full-service pub.
Our Ybor City brewery and pub is located in the heart of the Ybor City historic district in Centro Ybor, a short trip from downtown Tampa and convenient to I-4, and the Port of Tampa.
Our Northwest Tampa production brewery and restaurant is located in Westchase a short drive from Tampa International Airport and on the border of Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
We produce 8 core beers that are available year round plus a rotation of seasonal and experimental releases, some in batches as small as 1 BBL, often only available for a just a day or two at our breweries.
Some of our more familiar brands include Reef Donkey APA, Old Elephant Foot IPA, Florida’s True Blonde, Quat, Last Days of Summer and Florida Tart.
We are organically growing distribution with the end goal of being a Florida only brand with a driving vision of Beer Crafted for the Florida Lifestyle. Cheers!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.