Located in the heart of downtown Grayslake at the corner of Center and Lake St. is the new location for Light the Lamp Brewery and Restaurant. We are an independent craft brewery that recently expanded into a full-service restaurant and taproom. We focus on locally-sourced, high quality ingredients for our food and beer, a modern gastropub style menu served in a historic building. We are looking for a team of motivated, friendly people that love craft beer and local food to join our team.
*Position Title: BARBACK Full time/Part Time
- Keep the bar fully stocked at all times.
- Cut garnishes.
- Juice citrus.
- Fill olive and lemon trays.
- Refill ice wells.
- Restock liquor bottles.
- Empty dispensers.
- Change out beer kegs.
- Replenish napkins, toothpicks, ashtrays, peanuts, and other counter items.
- Maintain clean rags in each bartender’s station.
- Clean counters.
- Clean furniture.
- Clean glasses and dishes.
- Run food and clear plates.
- Clean drink spills and sweep broken glassware.
- Take out the trash or recycling throughout the shift.
- Collect empty glasses from the bar.
- Repair sink clogs.
- Mop behind the bar.
- Clean no-slip mats behind the bar.
Opening and Closing Shifts
- Restock for next shift, including juicing citrus for bar use the next night.
- Put away the liquor and beer delivery that came in during the day.
- Track opening or closing liquor inventory.
- Set and tear down the bar at each shift, closing to open.
- Help the bartender with anything that he or she needs.
- Relay key info to security – line is forming outside, someone drinking out of an outside bottle, someone underage
- Help out with punching orders into the POS system if needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $10.00 /hour
- restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.