Website Flix Brewhouse
Job Title: BARTENDER
Department: Front of House (FOH)
Supervisors: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Manager, Bartender Trainer, Shift Lead
Licensing: If Applicable
Job Description: Create a welcoming ambiance for our guests. Greet and wait on bar top and lounge guests providing the highest level of service.Fill drink orders that servers take from guests. Pour draft beer, wine and prepare standard mixed drinks (if applicable). Bartenders operate a cash register, serve food and drinks to guests seated at the bar and have exception cleaning skills. Bartenders are responsible for checking valid identification of guests who appear 35 years of age or younger that are seated at the bar, to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol products. Bartenders may be delegated the responsibility or ordering and maintaining an inventory of bar supplies.
Job Purpose: To sell and serve alcoholic beverages to guests that are of legal drinking age and to maintain a clean, orderly, and well-stocked bar, all while in compliance with legal requirements.
- Prior experience as a bartender in a high volume establishment.
- Thorough knowledge of Flix brewery. Cicerone certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and serve several guests at once.
- Knowledgeable of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Professional communication skills required.
- Ability to take direction, develop and work in a team environment.
- Works calmly and executes job duties effectively under pressure.
- Accountable, self-motivated, organized and utilizing problem solving skills.
- Committed to quality movie-going and brewpub service and menu knowledge.
- Clocks In and Out when scheduled and is engaged while in server role.
- Communicates with management on when supplies are low or out.
- Recognizes levels of intoxication and prevents guests from becoming intoxicated.
- Utilizes proper pours and Restocks bar supplies and products.
- Maintains a safe work environment at all times.
- Informs guests about current beers and practices suggestive selling.
- Maintains cleanliness of bar and lounge areas, bar top, chairs, and equipment.
- Maintains and cleans all liquor and draft beer control devices.
- Records all sales by ringing exact amounts into the register before bringing drinks to guests.
- Makes alcoholic drinks for servers through ticket ordering system and places correctly in sell window.
- Greets customers in a courteous and professional fashion.
- Knows upcoming beers and their talking points prior to them being tapped.
- Sets up bar area and seating area prior to opening and resets asap after a guests departs.
- Checks opening inventory and any shortages or changes.
- Pours and serves alcoholic beverages to legal age guests at bar and often serves food to bar guests.
- Rotates and restocks bar coolers, wine racks and liquor rails (if applicable).
- Changes tap on empty kegs. Reports any problems or leaks to the manger on duty.
- Maintains security of all bar supplies and products.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 35 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 50 lbs.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Wide Spectrum Flix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service Philosophy We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and Delight We create emotional connections by going above and beyond and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic Leadership We generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good Food We offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the worlds only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
*We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D – We are an e-Verify employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.