A Beer Tender is responsible for serving customers and educating them about our brand. The ideal candidate will have the skills, work habits and genuine enthusiasm to create an environment in which visitors have a positive experience.
General administrative and financial control duties
• Treat guests in a courteous, friendly manner.
• Provide an enjoyable bar experience for every guest
• Learn, practice and teach beer terminology and the brewing process
• Take and process drink orders
• Work with POS system, receive cash from guests, makes change, verifies validity of charges, etc.
• Performs general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards; keeps work area clean and organized.
• Arranges bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in the bar area
• Know and follow ABC laws including checking for identification and serving intoxicated guests
• Preforms other duties assigned
Education, Experience & other requirements
• Bar/Restaurant/Retail environment experience
• Bartending/Serving experience
• Experience with draft equipment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in cold environment
• Nights and weekend availability is required
• Unquestionable integrity
• Positive attitude
• Basic computer skills, i.e. Microsoft office suite
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Must be of legal age to pour alcohol (21+)
• Cicerone Beer Server Certification or willing to get if you don’t have it
• Willing to take the Safe Serve Certification or LEAD if you don’t already have it
• Interest in Craft Beer
To apply for this job please visit www.snagajob.com.