CITY BREW TOURS is seeking responsible, charismatic, high energy, witty beer guides for part time work in Burlington! Shifts/Tours are approximately 5 hours with double tours back to back possible if desired.
A STRONG PASSION FOR CRAFT BEER AND PROFICIENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE BREWING PROCESS & BEER STYLES IS PREFERRED. Training would start immediately.
This role is perfect for Grad Students, anyone who works alternative schedules or anyone looking for a part-time job. If you’re witty, entertaining, love meeting new people and LOVE beer this is a perfect job for you! Applicants with theater, tour guide or improv experience are always a great fit!
PT Burlington Beer Guide — Tours run 7 days/week 2x per day, so provide full details of your availability. Primary vacancy available for evenings and Saturdays. Compensation $75 per tour + TIPS (Average $150+ per tour with tips). Double shifts available!
– Ability to arrive (w/ tour group) at specified times. Time management is absolutely essential.
– Capable of engaging, speaking to, and managing large groups of people.
– Excel in a fast paced, constantly changing work environment.
– Strong communication skills are a must.
– High energy and sociable person.
– Proficient understanding of the brewing process.
– Comfortable driving a 15 passenger van in Burlington.
– Clean Driving Record, No DUI’s. CDL not required, but willing to train if you’d like to learn.
– Must be 21+
Preferred Skills, but not required prerequisites:
Any cicerone level/BJCP judge, Home brewing experience, or previous work in a brewery/brewpub/craft beer bar or other relevant experience.
APPLICATIONS REVIEWED ON FIRST COME BASIS.
***NO COVER LETTER – APPLICATIONS WITHOUT ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING 12 QUESTIONS WILL BE REJECTED***
1. How familiar are you with the brewing process?
2. What are your 3 favorite beers currently?
3. Do you have a clean driving record? If you have any DUIs or Tickets, please explain?
4. Would you consider yourself a high energy individual? Are you outgoing?
5. What three words would your oldest friend use to describe you?
6. How are you at presenting or talking in large groups?
7. How long have you lived in the Burlington area?
8. What Burlington breweries have you visited before?
9. Describe your experience driving larger vehicles (trucks, moving vans, passenger vans, etc.)?
10. Please provide all details of your availability for work.
11. Have you ever worked in the beer industry before?
12. What is one interesting fact about you unrelated to this position?
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $75.00 to $350.00 /day
- Driving: 3 years (Required)
- genuine knowledge and enthusiasm for craft beer industry (Preferred)
- Clear 5-7 year Driving Record (Preferred)
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
Overtime often available:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.