The Wolverine State Brewing Company in Ann Arbor, Michigan is seeking an experienced commercial brewer to join our production team as a full-time Brewer.
Company Overview: Wolverine State Brewing is a multiple GABF and World Beer Cup award winning brewery specializing in the production of both traditional and experimental lagers. Two-thirds of our annual production (currently ~2,800 bbls) goes out to wholesale distributors, with the other third being served on-site to our enthusiastic guests in our always crowded Tap Room. We seek to create a one-of-a-kind customer experience both in-house and in the market by producing unique, exciting lager beers with an unrelenting focus on quality and consistency. Our team is passionate about our products and our customers, and works well together in a fun, supportive, and fast-paced environment.
Position Overview: Our current Brewer has recently been promoted to the Head Brewer & Production Manager position, and we are looking for an experienced brewer to step into the full-time production Brewer role as soon as possible. The Brewer has primary responsibility for wort production, and also supports on the cellaring side with CIPs, transfers, dry-hopping and other responsibilities. This position reports directly to the Head Brewer & Production Manager. Scheduling flexibility is important, and there likely will be one weekend day required per week. We are ideally shooting for a start date on or before February 18.
- Brewhouse operation (mash, lauter, boil, whirlpool, knockout)
- Building grain bills and milling grain
- Running cleaning and sanitizing cycles on equipment
- Troubleshooting equipment issues
- Brewery maintenance and cleaning
- Recipe development
- Beer finishing processes (filtering, carbonation, transfers, dry-hopping)
- Completing brewhouse production paperwork
- Assisting in sensory evaluation and staff education
- Working closely with all other members of the production staff
- 2+ years commercial brewery experience, including wort production
- On-the-job experience running, maintaining and troubleshooting boilers & steam-fed brew systems is a plus, but not necessary
- Some formal training in brewing or a related scientific field is a plus, but not necessary
Necessary Skills, Abilities and Personal Traits Include:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving capabilities
- Acute sensory perception for flavor and aroma analysis
- Relentless attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Love of craft brewing and the personal vision and drive to share it with others
- Working with chemicals, pumps, heavy equipment, contents under pressure, hot and cold substances and surfaces, heights, cramped spaces and other various hazards in a safe and professional manner while following standard operating procedures and product specifications
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Company sponsored participatory health and dental insurance plans
- Complimentary growler fills
- Fun, collegial atmosphere working in a well-integrated and supportive team environment
Interested candidates with the requisite professional experience and personal background should send a resume and a letter of introduction through Indeed.
To learn more about our company, visit www.wolverinebeer.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Brewing: 2 years (Preferred)
- commercial brewery: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee discounts
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.