Trumer is always on the lookout for good, hard-working, and positive people to join our team. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to grow and learn as a Brewer.
Brewer’s at Trumer cross-train in two shifts over three areas, so the responsibilities could change quickly. The three areas that our Brewer’s operate in are Cellars, Filter/Packaging and Brewhouse. There is a rotation between morning and swing shift. We provide a great opportunity for aspiring Brewers, and especially for Brewers that want to really dial in the process of making a consistent, fantastic German-style Pilsner.
Job Responsibilities in all three areas:
Cellars: Responsible for cleaning tanks, transferring beer, yeast management. In cellars it is required to maintain a neat, clean, and sanitary environment throughout the brewery. Both automated CIP systems and manual cleaning applied, multi-tasking daily tasks required. Maintain and complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
Brewhouse: Responsible for brewing the wort, yeast counts, pitching yeast and maintaining brewhouse cleanliness. In brewhouse the brewer runs the semi-automated system to produce consistent results with thorough note-taking in an organized manner, including milling, mashing, lautering, sparging, boiling, hop/water additions, and KO. Our manual CIP system keeps the brewhouse vessels clean in addition to an extensive detail clean every week.
Filter/Packaging: Responsible for beer separation and filtration, racking, canning, bottling and all set up and clean up that goes with it, while maintaining high quality standards such as very low DO levels. Canning operations on a Wild Goose system. Racking operations with an automated M+F system. Bottling operations with a 330 bpm Krones anchored line. Extensive detail cleaning at conclusion of each packaging week.
Required of applicant:
- Use Proper safety equipment and personal protection equipment.
- Ensure that safety procedures are adhered to throughout each building.
- Uphold the quality standards of Trumer Brewery.
- Communicate low level inventory of all items used.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Lead Brewer, Packaging Supervisor, Maintenance, and Master Brewer.
- Be punctual, maintain good attendance, have a positive attitude.
- Maintain a harmonious work relationship between yourself and your coworkers.
- Communicate a positive attitude, interest and interact in a positive way with management and staff.
- Previous professional brewing experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage time and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task while being detail and quality focused.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and in small work teams.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical SOPs pertaining to your job tasks as well as scientific instruments.
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of circumstances.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to work on their feet for 8-10 hours per day. The employee is required to lift 44 lb. hop boxes, move full kegs occasionally (165 lbs.), climb stairs/ladders, grip and manipulate Tri-clamps and drag hoses, many times a day.
What Trumer Offers: Competitive rate for an experienced individual. An excellent benefits package: health and dental. PTO 80 hours a year, 40 hours sick leave, paid holidays and 401 (K) retirement plan with company matching. Plus, plenty of amazing Trumer Pils to take home each month!
To apply for this job please visit www.brewbound.com.