POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for completing all of the day-to-day activities necessary to make high-quality beer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc
• Embraces how diversity and eccentricities make Bell’s a better company. Operates in a spirit of open and honest cooperation while valuing the inherent self-worth & dignity of every employee
• Directly responsible for maintaining Bell’s quality standards in all areas of Brewing.
• Maintain a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment through CIP (Clean in Place) procedures and solid general housekeeping practices in collaboration with assistant brewers.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Brewhouse operation.
• Yeast handling, including laboratory cell counts, pitching, and cropping yeast.
• Monitor fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer.
• Centrifuge/filter operation.
• Setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
• Carbonate beer and prepare for it for Packaging customers.
• Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and infrastructure in collaboration with assistant brewers and maintenance staff.
• Aid in the professional development of assistant brewers
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Computer and other process automation systems.
• Brewing raw materials; including water, hops, malt, and yeast.
• Cleaning and Sanitizing Chemicals
• Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
• Fork lift/aerial lift truck.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Positive outlook and attitude.
• Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
• Self-motivated with good time management skills.
• Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
• Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery.
• Work off shifts including weekends and holidays.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• An accredited Brewing Certification or related science degree.
• >2 years’ experience in a production brewery.
• Demonstrated understanding of the brewing process.
• Outstanding communication and problem solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
• The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit bellsbeer.csod.com.