A brewer at Lagunitas Brewing Company is responsible for monitoring all aspects of wort production in a Rolec 250 BBL /80BBL brewhouse as well as transitioning the batch into fermentation.
What you’ll do:
- Abide by all company safety procedures and participate in safety trainings.
- Follow and develop company SOPs.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the brewhouse and cellars.
- Pull tank or inline samples and accurately perform tests.
- Clean in Place (CIP) area specific lines and tanks: Brewhouse vessels, 750 BBL unitanks, Brite Beer Tanks.
- Clean Out of Place (COP) of tank parts.
- Communicate and respond to out of specification critical process control points.
- Accurate and legible execution of paperwork and daily computer entries into electronic brew tracker.
- Train new hires on key actions in each department within the brewery.
- Work with Brewing Supervisors and Brewing Managers on special assignments or projects as needed.
- Handle/weigh out raw materials.
- Monitor and respond to alarms for all brewing processes on a Siemens PCS7 Control System.
- Select proper yeast sources for harvesting in such a way that does not delay cellar activities.
- Prepare yeast lines, pumps, and storage vessels for propagation or transfer of yeast.
- Complete yeast harvesting and pitching procedures.
What we’re lookin’ for:
- Experience working with a 50 BBL or larger brewing system preferred.
- Formal training and certification from recognized brewing school (Siebel, Doemens, ABG, etc.).
- Ability to perform a variety of brewing calculations.
- Strong working knowledge of CIP, COP, and sanitizing principles.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, mechanical power, steam generation and distribution, industrial refrigeration and sanitary process piping and systems strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with various computer programs including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Safety conscious first, quality minded second, efficiency driven third.
- Willing to work weekends, evenings, and holidays; acceptance of varying and flexible schedules.
- Punctual & reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and the brewing process.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. repeatedly.
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, climb and work in tight spaces.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (up to 12 hours).
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Forklift/pallet jack proficiency required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.