Drake’s Brewing Company, one of the Bay Area’s established (and independently owned) breweries is looking for a Brewer-Cellarperson to join their fun, and energetic team. If you’re dependable, hard-working, are able to follow set procedures in brewing and cleaning to a tee, and looking for a rewarding position, then look no further!
Pay: Salary, with benefits
A brewer/cellarperson is responsible for all production and treatment of wort/beer, from raw materials to the point of packaging, including all aspects of quality and sanitation.
- Performing cellar duties as needed to support brewhouse
- Performing all necessary cleaning and CIP on brewhouse and other work spaces
- Pitching and performing other yeast management
- Cleaning (CIP) and sanitizing fermentation and bright beer tanks
- Cleaning tank exteriors, parts, floors, walls, etc.
- Monitoring fermentation and adjusting parameters to produce high quality beer
- Capping and crashing tanks
- Performing dry hops, yeast drops, and harvests
- Adding finings and other process aids to beer in tank
- Transferring (clarifying if necessary) beer from fermentor to bright tank
- Carbonating beer for packaging
- Taking all necessary lab samples
- Producing wort on 15 bbl, 3-vessel brewhouse
- Adhering to all safety regulations at all times
- Two years of brewery experience required (production brewery preferred)
- 21 years of age or more
- Strong focus on quality, safety, and efficiency
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills (word processing and email)
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both alone and as a team
- Ability to follow complex instructions to a high level of detail and precision
- Ability to frequently lift at least 55 lb., move at least 180 lb., and work standing for several hours
- Ability to work safely around chemicals, heights, loud noises, mechanical equipment, wet environments, and other potential hazards
- Flexibility to work a variety of possible shifts, and to participate in company events
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this job please visit drinkdrakes.com.