Alarmist Brewing & Taproom is a small, independent craft brewery on the NW side of Chicago. Here’s the deal: we won the first-ever GABF gold medal for Juicy/Hazy IPA last September with our Le Jus NEIPA. Things have gone off the rails ever since and we need help getting more Le Jus and a host of other beers into the hands and mouths of our customers!
Ideally, you will have experience working at a craft brewery and/or have a degree from a brewing school. This job will expose you to EVERY part of the craft brewing experience. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Brewing on a 20 bbl 2-vessel system.
- Cleaning & sanitation of brewhouse, fermentation vessels, bright tank, yeast brinks, floors, outside of all vessels, etc.
- All aspects of packaging: carbonation, carbonation testing, best practices, dissolved oxygen testing, canning, kegging, and keg cleaning/sanitizing.
- Managing yeast and yeast quality control.
- Contributing and improving all safety and environmental protocols at all times.
- Managing inventory and inventory forecasting.
- Production forecasting, planning, recipe formulation, and cost analysis.
- Attending and/or assisting with events such as festivals, brewery tours, retail samplings, etc.
- Loading & unloading of supplies and finished beer both manually and with material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack)
- Solving problems and improving existing solutions and processes. This is crucial.
- Contributing to all aspects of the business including marketing ideas, business strategies, merchandising ideas, you name it. No pigeonholing at Alarmist Brewing, you’re part of a team.
- Occasionally bartending in the taproom to interface with customers.
- Safely and efficiently lifting/moving 55 lb sacks of grain, full kegs, equipment, and more.
You need to be smart, self-sufficient, quick thinking, hilarious, and not afraid to ask questions or provide answers. Alarmist Brewing is a very fun place to work but we take our beer very seriously.
Please submit résumé to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org