Goose Island Brewer’s Assistant
The Brewer’s Assistant is an entry level, full time position at the Barrel Warehouse. This is a perfect position for someone that may have some formal brewing education but little or no production brewing experience who is trying to gain entry into the brewing industry. The Brewer’s Assistant will report directly to the Barrel Lead.
- General cleaning and sanitation of the offices and working areas.
Inventory of raw materials, barrel filling and racking as well as tanker filling and emptying.
- Moderate interaction with the public and other brewery guests.
- May host tours of the Barrel Warehouse and must be able to speak responsibly and knowledgably about the barrel aging process.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 40 lbs and work in wet and dry environments in a variety of temperatures.
- Skillful dexterity with tri-clamp fittings.
- Ability to be on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Proper handling of chemicals while wearing appropriate PPE is a necessary part of this job.
- Learn from current Brewer I, II, III’s and the Laboratory team as the situation demands.
- Great communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written directions
- Brewing experience preferred
- Forklift and Scissor Lift experience preferred
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit abinbev.taleo.net.