Fort Point Beer Company is a rapidly growing new American brewery. The product of a thriving American craft beer culture, shaped by deeply San Franciscan values: quality craftsmanship and a spirit of innovation. We create balanced, thoughtful beers that reference traditional styles but are by no means bound to them. For us, brewing is the confluence of creative expression and refined technique. We want our beers to tell a story, inspire an idea, and be thoroughly enjoyable. Good Beer For Everyone.
We’re looking for people to help us package the freshest beer around! Learn how to operate our can and keg filling equipment and work alongside some great people in one of the most beautiful and iconic parts of the city.
The Brewery Technician I position is Fort Point Beer Company’s entry-level role in the Production department. It involves working collaboratively on packaging operations and facility upkeep. Attention to detail, mechanical aptitude, and a desire to learn and grow professionally in a production environment are key to success in this role.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area
- Assemble and fill case boxes by hand
- Safely palletize, wrap, label, and organize packaged beer
- Assist in canning line setup and breakdown including sanitize in place, clean in place, and clean out of place procedures
- Operate canning and keg filling machines
- Accurately record quality measurements and completed packaging numbers
- Assist with other brewery tasks as needed
- Cross-train on various production skills at managers discretion
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Able to lift, bend, and move repeatedly
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs and be able to push / pull up to 2200 lbs using a pallet jack
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
Expected Hours of Work
- Shifts are 8 hours each with occasional overtime required
- Shifts may vary but are generally regularly scheduled Monday through Friday either daytime (6:00 am to 2:30 pm) or evenings (2:00 pm to 10:30 pm)
Equipment and Work Environment
- Manual and powered pallet jack
- Semi-automatic pallet wrapper
- Carton packer
- Can filler
- This job operates in a warehouse environment with heavy machinery and loud noises—personal protective equipment is provided.
Compensation and Benefits
- $18/hr starting wage
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents
- Eligible for Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, and Identity Theft group plans
- Eligible for Pet Insurance group plan
- 401(k) eligible
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA pre-tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships
- Beer and food benefits
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.