Second Line Brewing, located in New Orleans, Louisiana has an opening for a full-time Cellar Operator. This position has considerable growth potential for the individual that possesses the mechanical aptitude, drive, energy and dedication necessary to work in a brewing environment.
The Cellar Operator will work along side the brewing staff on all aspects of cold side beer production including – QA/QC (we have a well equipped micro lab), beer transfers, dry-hopping, carbonation and CIP.
- Cellaring Duties – beer transfers, dry-hopping, carbonating and CIP of fermenters and brite tanks
- Packaging duties include participating in bottling, canning, keg cleaning/filling
- Assist brewing staff with wort production when necessary
- Daily gravity checks
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Basic light mechanical repairs and maintenance of brewing equipment
- Maintain clean, safe and orderly work area
- Participation in sensory analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in a professional brewing setting is highly preferred
- Work effectively with all members of the Second Line Brewing team
- Multitask and manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve equipment and production issues
- Work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
- Must possess basic computer and math skills
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift materials up to 55lbs repeatedly
- Comfortable working in a wet environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to work safely with hazardous chemicals using necessary Personal Protective Equipment
- Capable of safely working around hot fluids, rotating equipment, wet surfaces, carbon dioxide, and pressurized vessels
- Able to withstand variable temperature levels
Full-time benefits include health insurance, paid time off, continuing education, paid holidays, and product allowance.
To apply please reply with resume and references.
Job Type: Full-time
- Brewery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Employee discounts
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.