The Cellarman/Assistant Brewer assists with operations including but not limited to: brewing, packaging, cleaning equipment and kegs, operations and upkeep of equipment, quality control, and otherwise provides support to the brewhouse and cellar as directed.
- Assist with brewing and packaging of beer according to brew schedule and per the Production Manager in a safe clean and efficient manner. This includes, but is not limited to, milling, mashing and lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters.
- Assist with inventory counts of finished beer, grain, hops, and other raw materials inventory.
- Maintaining of standard operating procedures
- Monitor quality, temperature, pressure, gravities, and carbonation of beers in tanks, in package, and at the tap room on a daily basis.
- Monitor, pitch and evaluate yeast as needed.
- Participate in beer tasting panels.
- Represent Iron Fist at various events, festivals, promotions, and promote good public relations.
- Ensure supply of raw materials and other inventory items such as: bulk malt, specialty malts, hops, brewing salts and kettle additives, safety equipment, chemicals.
- Follow inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, packaging, supplies, etc and report low levels of inventory to the Production Manager.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas in the brew house.
- Operate cellar equipment in a safe, clean, and efficient manner.
- Follow SOP’s to meet quality specifications and ensure proper packaging, kegging/cleaning operations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Maintain yeast disposal and grain area cleanup schedule.
- Be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the building.
- Assist other departments when necessary.
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned.
- High School Diploma. Certificate or other advanced education in the brewing process preferred.
- Leads Certification
- Passion for Craft Beer and brewing
- Formal Brewing or Fermentation Sciences education from a credited brewing program preferred.
- Proficient in all areas of brewing/cellaring/packaging/racking production
- Fork Lift and Scissor left proficiency/training & certification
- Ability to lift up to 65 Pounds
- 2+ Years experience in a commercial brewery preferred
- Advanced knowledge of beer offers (flavors, ingredients, etc).
- Basic understand of Google Sheets, Excel, Word and other programs for brewery functions
- Ability to work in fast paced deadline orientated environment
- Independent, proactive, extremely detail oriented, dependable, organized and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Math Skills & Problem solving ability.
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves standing, talking or listening, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Regularly involves going up and down stairs
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
- Frequently involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves physical activity performing daily activities.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- Will be exposed to moderate to high noise levels (i.e. production equipment, forklifts, heavy traffic, tasting room music).
- Will be exposed to humidity, intense heat and cold, outdoor weather conditions.
- Will work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
- May be exposed to ingredients that may cause allergic reactions and may be exposed to various allergen ingredients.
- May require some regional travel for events.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.