The Cellarperson is responsible for both operations within the cellar and beer packaging. He/she follows the outlined Standard Operations Procedures and adheres to safety protocols throughout the brewery. He/she works closely with other cellarpeople and brewers attempting to minimize cycle times between empty tanks and packaging equipment.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Understand and execute the daily schedules developed by the Production Manager
- Utilize the SOPs developed for every process: transferring beer, CIP, carbonating beer, packaging beer, etc.
- Package beer in accordance with prescribed metrics, including but not limited to: dissolved oxygen content, can seam inspections, carbonation retention, etc.
- Transfer beer in accordance with prescribed SOPs, including but not limited to: recording dissolved oxygen content, measuring pre- and post-carbonation levels, ensuring maximum yields that are within specification, etc.
- Perform CIPs following the outlined SOPs and recording all relevant data (ATP testing, D.O. measuring)
- Rack beer into and from oak barrels
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Brewery experience a plus.
- Understanding of brewing chemistry & QC.
- Understanding of beer workflow within OBeer, or similar SAP product
- Understanding the requirement of recording all relevant data
- Understanding the beer transfer process and relevant metrics
- Understanding the beer packaging process and relevant metrics
- Understanding a CIP/COP process, chemicals, etc.
- Operation of various pumps, hosing, carbonation stones, Anton Paar C-Box measurement device
- Operation of a Wild Goose 250 four head 16oz can filler and additional machinery
- Operation of a Wild Goose 600 eight head 16oz can filler and additional machinery
- Operation of a Meheen four head 750mL bottle filler and additional machinery
- CIP/COP understanding and execution
- Understanding and use of PPE equipment for various chemical handling throughout the brewery
- Strong attention to detail.
- Eagerness for listening to ideas, questions, and feedback.
- An amiable personality and confident interacting with people.
- Should have strong work ethic and a willingness to support other departments as occasion demands.
- Keen eye for process/equipment improvements, with a focus on safety and efficiency
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.