Website Canarchy Holding Co
This position involved with all facets of day-to-day wort production operations. The Lead Brewer executes tasks in all areas of wort production from inventory, ordering, and processing of raw materials to maintaining accurate logs and schedules. The Lead Brewer maintains excellent communication among all team members from management to cellar, lab, and maintenance. This position reports to the Director of Brewer Operations.Essential Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot equipment and quality issues with maintenance and production teams
• Daily meetings with cellar manager (and/or prod manager) to review personnel, process, and distribution tasks for the day.
• Keep production members informed and assisting in the organization of meetings
• Keep Director of Brewer Operations informed regarding equipment, inventory, personnel, and maintenance issues
• Maintain accurate brew logs; daily audit of all brew logs and other mandatory shift paperwork
• Update SOPs with new equipment, information, and/or process when needed and maintain all valves and piping labeled
correctly; keep brewers up to date with news and new equipment/processs
• Responsible for all wort production training; ensure consistency of process among brewing staff
• Daily communication with lab and cellar with regard to schedule changes and yeast management
• Must lead by example and be willing cover shifts when needed (vacation, sick days, etc)
• Communicates with farmers regarding grain pickup, trailer issues, and scheduling
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining an organized inventory of chemicals, malt, and hops.
• Ensure all needed raw materials are accessible to brewers during their shift
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
• Ability to keep accurate records throughout the shift
• Ability to inspire coworkers to maintain positive workplace organization and attitude
• Excellent communication skills necessary
• Minimum of 2-year professional brewing and/or cellar experience is required
• Ability to work varied shifts
• Mechanical aptitude
• Attention to detail
• Open availability including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Passionate about implementing new raw materials, processes and innovative concepts, open minded and eager assist with the
development of innovative, new concepts.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt/Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Salary/Hourly
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Associate’s Degree or higher in related field or trade education is preferred
Minimum Certification: Cicerone Certified Beer Server preferred
Minimum Experience: 2 Years
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: Less than 10%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Tools/Equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.