The primary responsibility for the Lead Designer is to work with our marketing team to design packaging, trade show/event materials, retail, digital, and distribution marketing assets that are on-brand and of the highest quality. The Lead Designer at The Bruery, Bruery Terreux and Offshoot Beer Co. will create exemplary, industry-leading work and manage the work and timelines of external designers to meet deliverables.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
• Develop outstanding and consistent visual concepts and designs that help our brands stand out as special occasion beers from an industry leader.
• Delegate projects to our contracted designers, provide on-going feedback and direction, and hold them accountable to project deadlines.
• Track packaging calendar and organize moving target deadlines for self and contract designers, printers and other departments who contribute information. Communicate any changes with affected parties.
• Work with packaging team and vendors to ensure final deliverables are delivered on time, error-free, and of the highest quality.
• Adhere to creative direction as provided by management and share feedback and input to enhance each project.
• Stay current on new design trends, tools, processes, and awards.
• Develop a deep understanding of our companies’ look, feel and story, and assist with development of on-going brand guidelines.
• Maintain and organize project libraries, shared digital assets, and archived projects.
• Participate in calls and meetings as needed with external vendors and project collaborators.
• As needed, communicate and advise on brand standards and procedures for art production to external designers, consultants, or other work for hire.
• Work with marketing coordinators to develop project timelines and tasks where design input has been deemed necessary.
• As needed, support the marketing team’s proficiency in design suite programs.
• Assist with photo manipulation, mock ups, concept art, brochures, packaging, display signage, and other initiatives involving visually appealing assets.
• Gather content information needed for label designs from appropriate departments such as recipe and lab readings, follow up regularly.
• Assign and manage UPC codes for all brands based on price point and need.
• Maintain graphic consistency across all deliverables.
• Degree in Graphic Design or Illustration.
• 3-5 years’ experience in graphic design.
• Strong working knowledge in composition, color theory, typography, branding.
• Extensive knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
• Knowledge and awareness of craft beer culture, history, iconography.
• Experience with preparing and compressing work for a wide variety of outputs, including digital, print, packaged, merchandise, screen print, and more.
• Strong collaboration, leadership, and communication skills with fellow employees and vendors alike.
• Problem-solver, motivated, self-starter that is willing to take ownership of a wide variety of projects in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop projects to specification.
• Ability to multitask and work with flexibility, under pressure.
• A very keen eye for detail and proofing is needed to succeed in this role.
• Experience in product photography, 3D rendering, photo touch-up or videography is a plus.
Applications must have cover letter and resume.
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check required.
We offer competitive compensation, health, dental and vision, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k, annual merchandise credit, and of course free beer!
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.