“Focus on Quality and Freshness” is Core Value #2 at Revolution and our quality program is the backbone of that commitment. The Director of Quality leads this function and is involved in every company process that affects beer quality. This role is ultimately responsible for ensuring all beer leaving the brewery meets our high standards for quality and will be the key decision maker for day-to-day quality operations.
This role will also act as our quality ambassador, speaking to our commitment to quality either directly with our fans or through social media. They’ll work with the communications team to respond to customer feedback.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Be a leader for the quality and production teams by working with Brewing, Cellar & Packaging managers to develop and maintain processes.
- Participate in beer innovation and new brewing process development.
- Manage Rev’s Sensory Program, including all tasting, training and analysis.
- Oversee microbiological, chemical and physical testing program for all batches.
- Foster a ‘quality at the source’ approach for production staff by providing technical guidance and training.
- Establish a system for quality metrics communication to operations, and standard procedures for communicating, and improving quality.
- Perform periodic audits of procedures, practices and finished goods.
- Use root cause analysis to improve quality and QA systems.
- Mentor, coach and direct employees and provide performance evaluations.
- 10+ years of related work experience and 3+ years of management experience in either manufacturing, laboratory and/or the food and beverage industry.
- Experience managing foundational programs such as GMP, HAACP and 5S.
- Bachelor degree in related scientific field required. Masters degree preferred.
- Six Sigma, World Class Manufacturing, ISO, ASQ certification, or show training and experience in manufacturing quality systems management preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in statistical analysis, continuous improvement and technical writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google for Business software required.
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Able to stand for the length of work shift, up to eight hours
- Able to work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment (cool, warm, or hot, humid or wet, etc.), and moderate to loud environments.
- Able to frequently push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 160 pounds.
- Able to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
This is a full-time salaried position with pay commensurate with experience. Revolution is a great place to work and offers an excellent benefits package including paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and a 401K with company match.
To apply for this job please visit revbrew.hrmdirect.com.