We are currently seeking an experienced Event Coordinator with a passion for craft beer to join our team. This position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing events at our taproom and at beer festivals throughout Wisconsin.
Our Events & Community Relations Coordinator will work closely with our Marketing Team, our Taproom Team, Sales Team and Production Team to organize beer related events and festivals across Wisconsin. This individual must be highly organized, ready to travel, comfortable communicating with both internal and external groups, and will to have a flexible schedule.
· Coordinate with external event organizers to register and confirm legal compliance, coordinate beer transfers / availability, and prepare jockey box and event kits.
· Coordinate with the marketing and tasting room teams to develop fun and educational events, procure necessary materials and elements for events, and establish event calendar.
· Maintain and update internal and public-facing calendars of onsite and external events
· Monitor important deadlines and timelines associated with multiple, simultaneous events
· Maintain ongoing, timely communication with internal operations team, sales staff, and taproom managers regarding their events as well as event vendors and collaborators
· Continuously improve our current events process and volunteer request systems
· Maintain festival kits and ensure they are fully stocked with current supplies, clean and ready to use, and in good working order
· Ensure our event strategy and participation aligns with overall marketing, branding, and business goals by proactively researching, evaluating and securing attendance in appropriate events
· Advise on best practices for event planning, training, budgeting, merchandising, and
· communication across multiple locations and teams
· Expertly negotiate and network with event sponsors, vendors, and contractors
· Collaborate with our teams to create a first-class customer experience at our onsite events by adding value, creative ideas, and professional expertise
· Assist the brewing and marketing teams with beer festival/contest entry submissions and deadlines
· Work as a representative of our brewery at external, onsite, and industry events
· Coordinating community involvement events
· Liaison to Drink Brew City Meetings
· Capture and share relevant event images and feedback with marketing team, ensuring all event equipment cleaned and returned
· Previous experience with breweries is preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with consumers and brewery departments
· Access to a reliable personal vehicle
· Clean Driving Record
· Ability to stand for long periods of time (10-12 hours)
· Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 60 pounds, moving up to 160 pounds)
· Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM during events off season. During high event season, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand and some flexibility in hours is allowed.
The Events Coordinator may have some flexibility to work remote, but during high event season will be required to work at least three days a week in the office. Travel for meetings and events in the metropolitan Milwaukee area and outstate will be required as job duties demand.
This position will require travel to other brewery locations and events in our distributed territories. Additional long-distance car or air travel may be required as job duties demand.
Job Type: Full-time
- brewery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- 25% (Preferred)