Alter Brewing Company (ALTER) is searching for a bright, energetic and resourceful team player to join our team.ALTER is a growing independent craft brewery focused on making great beer, providing superior hospitality and experience for our customers, and making genuine connections with and within the local community.
The Event Sales Manager (ESM) position is a full time job. The ESM is responsible for providing organizational and operational oversight and management in the development and execution of event projects.As an ESM, you not only sell the experience, you seek to continually improve upon it. In your role, you will have opportunities to participate in special assignments and projects which will enhance your career development within a growing organization.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a team player, hard worker, multi-tasker, success driven professional
- Possess an affection for craft beer
- Must be able to make a GREAT first impression
- Skilled in driving sales, and developing and maintaining client and supplier relationships
- Possess a passion for exceptional customer service and guest experience
- Must maintain an attention to detail, have exceptional organization, presentation and priority setting skills
- Must have the ability to own and solve problems
- Must have the ability to remain professional and maintain a positive attitude even during stressful situations
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 1-3 years event sales/coordinator experience or comparable experience
- Comfortable standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to create event offerings & packages including establishment ofpricing and procedures for implementation
- Responsible for solicitation, planning, and execution of various types of events, providing excellent customer service and maintaining the Alter standard of excellence
- Field inquiries and incoming leads in a proactive manner, conducting site tours & sales presentations, completing contracts/bookings to consistently maximize functional space and exceed revenue and bottom line goals
- Work with clients and operations to plan, coordinate, and execute events and manage the relationship with clients throughout the event planning process and beyond.
- Finds creative ways to say “YES”
- Establish and build strategic relationships with key partners and clients
- Maintain accurate and up to date records and files for all event management projects
- Order and maintain appropriate event inventories, decorations, supplies and equipment
- Must have the flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays to coordinate events and promotions to assist with facilitating events onsite, handle last minute requests and changes, and ensures group events take place as contracted
- Assist in the planning, coordination, marketing and execution for public and/or ticketed events
- Actively participate in community events and organizations while attending key hospitality tradeshows and sales expos
- Efficiently manage and motivate event staff, which will include delegation of event tasks and directives from planning through execution.
- Competitive Salary + Commission Compensation Structure
- Benefits including Health, Dental, Vison Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Delicious Beer & Incredible Coworkers!
Job Type: Full-time
- Events Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Contracts: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.