Website Artisanal Brewing Ventures
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States and is the parent company of three long standing, successful craft breweries; Victory Brewing, established in 1996 in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, Southern Tier Brewing, established in 2002 in Lakewood, NY, and Sixpoint Brewing, established in 2004 in Brooklyn, NY.
Headquartered at our 28,000 sq. ft. innovation brewery and taproom in the South End area of Charlotte, NC, Artisanal Brewing Ventures has a vision of creating a new model for craft beer partnerships by preserving brewery independence while pooling resources to gain scale and depth of expertise in operations, marketing and financial resources.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The candidate’s mission will be to support the sales efforts for the company. The FSR is responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with key distributor personnel and retail accounts (both on & off premise) in order to grow sales and increase brand presence.
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between our company and our distributor partners.
- Network and inspire distributor sales rep personnel.
- Achieve volume and distribution targets in defined territory and target accounts.
- Conduct special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed.
- Maximize product velocity by improving merchandising and brand presence within retail locations.
- Monitor daily activity and accomplishments via the company’s field execution tool.
- Train distributors & retail accounts (including bartender & waitstaff personnel) on all brands.
- Work in collaboration with the Area Sales Manager and Key Account Manager to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and execute programming.
- Use VIP data to identify opportunities or gain other business insights.
- Review beer inventory to maintain proper levels based upon our core & seasonal offerings.
- Monitor and uphold the company’s strict quality standards.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, etc.).
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality.
- Have strong local contacts – know the local scene.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the area where the position is located.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server is considered a plus.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses. Flexible work schedule is required.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Cicerone (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.