Vintage Brewing Companyis a family owned and operated brewpub in beautiful Madison, Wisconsin. We recently opened up a second brewpub on the shores of the Wisconsin river in downtown Sauk City, Wisconsin. We feature “elevated Americana” cuisine and an eclectic array of highly- acclaimed house-made brews. We are currently accepting resumes for the Front of House Manager position at our Whitney way location in Madison. We take pride in both the award winning beers we produce as well as the innovative and locally sourced brewpub fare that we serve. The front of house manager must be high energy, passionate and hospitable, you would be expected to lead by example.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Control the day-to-day operations within the policies and guidelines set forth by the Vintage Brewing Company, including assisting the general manager with the appropriate levels of staffing.
- Maintain a professional company image, including restaurant and bar cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Control Profit & Loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions to include maintaining appropriate stock of liquor, beer and other bar or restaurant products.
- Maintain cost of goods sold, nightly comps and safe audits by helping the general manager oversee inventory counts.
- Respond to customer service needs to provide the highest standards of service.
- Complete financial and personnel/payroll related administrative duties accurately, on time and in accordance with our policies.
- Train employees, as assigned, in an ongoing basis.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Assists general manager in creating, training and maintaining recipe adherence with all craft cocktails.
- Leads staff in promoting all beer sponsored events both on premise and off premise.
- Builds a great rapport with bar and restaurant patrons and staff alike.
- High School Diploma or GED; College degree preferred.
- Must have 1-3 years leadership experience in a fast paced hospitality food and beverage environment and have proven ability to thrive in such environment.
- Good people management skills, communication and listening skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Moving safely and efficiently about the facilities.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Handling food, objects, products, and utensils.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Restaurant Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.