Leads all restaurant employees to exceed the expectation of the company and the guests. Ensures the consistent planning, production, preparation and prompt delivery of great-tasting food and beverage prepared and presented to the exact specification as documented. Responsible for operational efficiency and profitability of Bistro related operations Trains and retains new and experienced staff members and continually develops them in their technical skills, “salesmanship”, food safety and sanitation knowledge. Creates an atmosphere in the restaurant that builds energy, fun and enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of employees during the shift.
- Manage the atmosphere of the restaurant. Ensure the music, lights and temperature are at appropriate levels and the atmosphere has a positive and energetic feel.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs. Follow established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure safety as a priority by identifying potential unsafe situations and correcting appropriately and immediately.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Provide advice and suggestions to General Manager & Assistant General Manager as needed.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products (food, beverage and supplies) during the shift.
- Oversee the proper storage of product, labeling and dating of product and inventory levels during the shift.
- Ensure consistency in the delivery of the entire restaurant concept.
- Meet with customers to ensure our concept has been rightfully delivered.
- Responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations.
- Create a motivational environment with open and effective communication.
- Mentor and coach front of house team to reduce turnover and retain team members.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular performance feedback and coaching to direct reports including reviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Associate’s Degree or equivalent preferably in hospitality management.
- Experience: At least 5 years of related experience and/or training in the food/beverage service and/or retail industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must have at least 2 years of supervisory experience. Must have experience and knowledge of ABC laws for legal sale of alcohol.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Previous experience with Point of Sale systems is a must.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess a Servsafe and/or San Diego County Food Handlers Card, Manager Card preferred. Must possess a current RABS (Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service) training certificate. Certified Beer Server or higher preferred.
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: Must have reliable transportation. Occasional travel required to other Stone location
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Adheres to company core values.
- Must be an excellent role model, beer diplomat, and representative of Stone Brewing
- Excellent attendance
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Supports and contributes to Stone’s business model, structure, and goals applicable to role.
- Maintains a strong sense of urgency to be highly productive in our fast paced environment.
- Effectively uses time to prioritize workload.
To apply for this job please visit stonebrewing.atsondemand.com.