Front of House Manager Position Summary: Responsible for overseeing, managing, and coordinating the daily operations of the Frankenmuth Brewery restaurant, including planning, organizing, training, and leadership of restaurant staff necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties And Responsibilities
Guest Service and Operations
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Frankenmuth Brewery: DELIVER A GREAT EXPERIENCE TO GUESTS.
- Ensure that every guest feels welcome and is given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Fill in for other FOH employees as needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant operations and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Work with staff to ensure that all opening and closing duties are completed correctly and that cleanliness and maintenance are maintained.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
Communicate with General Manager, ownership and legal to keep all parties promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e., problems, unusual matters of significance, and positive events) and takes prompt action where necessary.
- Have thorough understanding and assist in development of Brewery policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and training programs, and ensure that all are followed and completed on timely basis.
- Supervise and provide direction to FOH assistant managers and staff regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Prepare schedules for FOH staff based on Brewery volume; understand and implement staffing needs for various events/seasons.
- Perform personnel actions including hiring, discipline, and termination of employees.
- Work with Human Resources and legal to ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws, worker’s compensation benefits, health insurance, and paid/unpaid time off and leave
- Continually strive to develop staff through orientations, development discussions, performance evaluations, and recognition, in order to achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, and appearance of facility
- Oversee, conduct and/or ensure that employee evaluations and performance appraisals on a timely basis.
- Work with staff to implement strategies to achieve objectives/goals in sales, service and quality.
- Perform service tasks when necessary, such as assisting hosts in greeting and seating guests, clearing tables, expediting/serving food and drinks, presenting bills and accepting payments.
- Conduct meetings and collaborate with other personnel for banquets/events, serving arrangements, and related tasks.
- Attend all scheduled FOH and full house staff meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Review and analyze sales projections, daily sales, comps and payment reconciliations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Aloha Kitchen and Aloha Manager systems.
- Ensure compliance with cash handling and payment processing procedures.
- Supervise staff to ensure that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll-related administrative duties are completed accurately and on time.
- Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
Food and Safety
- Work with FOH staff to oversee daily food and beverage service operations and ensure quality standards for foods.
- Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards in Front of House.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following preventative maintenance programs, and arrange for repairs when necessary.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Manage inventories of equipment, smallware, and beer, wine, liquor, and other beverages, and report shortages.
- Management, ordering and merchandising of retail store inventory and operations.
- Coordinate services from outside vendors when needed.
- Coordinate with Riverview banquets/events staff for use of facilities.
- Conduct meetings and collaborate with other Brewery personnel for menu planning, serving arrangements, and related details
Requirements And Qualifications
- Three or more years of front-of-the-house operations and/or experience as an Assistant Manager in the service or food and beverage industry.
- Understanding and ability to utilize restaurant technology and systems, including: computers and programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); point-of-sale terminals, software and workstations (Aloha Point-of-Sale); calendar and scheduling software (Hot Schedules); database user interface and query software (Optimum Control); inventory management software (Aloha POS; Optimum Control); guest Seating/Reservations Software (DineTime).
- Proficient in the following restaurant functions: purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Detail and deadline-oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent basic mathematical skills and ability to handle money
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with and coach employees at all levels throughout the organization.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
FLSA Status: Salary, exempt, expected to work 50-60 hours each week
Join Frankenmuth Brewery as a Front of House (FOH) Manager – Apply Today!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.