Oakshire’s Public House and its team, programs and facilities are integral to Oakshire’s core purpose of creating and sharing great beer experiences, and a driven, focused and inspired General Manager is key to ensuring that success. The General Manager will be able to help in providing exceptional leadership to the Public House team and ensure adroit execution of all duties and responsibilities; have a comprehensive understanding of all Public House facilities, equipment and tools; and, work with Oakshire’s Director of Retail Operations to ensure the Public House meets its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provides the highest quality atmosphere and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Public House Management duties
- Work a consistent schedule, Tuesday to Saturday of each week.
- 100% competence in and execution to the highest possible standards of:
- Public House team Duties and Responsibilities (as listed in the Public House Beer Tender job description);
- Public House team Required Skills and Traits;
- Public House programs (see below);
- Public House facilities, equipment and tools; and
- Organization, planning and managing a successful Public House business.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately with Public House staff and Oakshire’s Director of Retail Operations and administrative staff to ensure efficient operations.
- Recruit, train, schedule and retain exceptional Public House staff.
- Work with Public House Beer Tender staff to plan and execute exceptional programs, including:
- Tuesday beer release program;
- Food cart program;
- Live music and entertainment program;
- Donations and partnership programs, Oakshire Inspires Program; and
- Effective advertising and social media program
- Aid in the planning and execution of Public House and other on-site and off-site events with Oakshire staff and partners, specifically aiding the Director of Retail Operations with the execution of Hellshire Day (6/15/19).
- Work with Sales Director to coordinate Beer Tender Brand Ambassador Program
- Ensure complete and accurate cash-out procedures and end of day sales transactions via the Square POS systems, while working with accountants to communicate discrepancies and anomalies.
- Ensure complete understanding and execution of the TapHunter system to update beer menu online, on display, on paper, and in POS.
- Schedule and ensure complete cleaning tasks in accordance with duty rosters and cleaning standards.
- Promote and practice the highest-level of health and safety standards.
- Inventory and procurement management for beer, other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, food, supplies, printed items and promotional materials.
Business & administration duties
- Assist in leading the Oakshire Public House as a distinct business unit.
- Work with the Director of Retail Operations to develop and execute Annual Business Plans.
- Report weekly sales figures and other Key Performance Indicators.
The General Manager will work the below schedule, which may be adjusted over time at the direction of Oakshire’s Leadership Team.
- Sunday and Monday: off unless covering planned or unplanned absences, which the General Manager should strive to minimize.
- Tuesday: Office work, 10am to 6:30pm, including:
- Procurement, inventory and all orders/paperwork for the week
- Development of Public House programs (see above);
- Administrative work including:
- meeting and working with Director of Retail Operations;
- meeting with team members to increase education and performance;
- scheduling and planning;
- Beerfest planning work; and
- Hosting the Tuesday Beer Release program in the Pub.
- Wednesday: Watershed Market/Admin. & Support shift, 11:30am till 8pm, including:
- Organization and inventory of Market items, including clothes, glassware, and other items for purchase
- Provide support with corny keg fills and keg purchases, thereby ensuring the highest level of focused customer service and satisfaction at the draft POS.
- Thursday: Watershed Market/Admin. & Support shift, 11:30am till 8pm.
- Friday: Public House closing shift (“Close”), 4pm to 11:30pm.
- Saturday: Public House opening shift (“Open”), 10am to 5:30pm.
Required Skills and Traits
- Lead the Public House team by example, including modeling and maintaining at all times the Required Skills and Traits of Oakshire’s Public House Beer Tenders and adeptly executing Beer Tenders’ Duties and Responsibilities.
- Healthy interest in, and knowledge of beer, beer styles, off flavors and production methods; and desire to continually expand such knowledge.
- Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to serving the highest quality beer.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills. Non-verbal communication skills include tone, eye contact, personal presentation and other attributes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks, while maintaining priority focus on providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception of one’s own communications and the communications of others.
- Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing or night shifts.
- Stand and work on feet for over 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to work in a public environment with alcohol service and robust noise levels.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal rules and regulations for the sale and distribution of alcohol.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum five years of restaurant or bar customer service experience.
- Minimum two years of restaurant or bar management and direct employee supervision.
- Experience working both restaurant front and back of house.
- Experience administering, operating and training on a POS system.
- Oregon Food Handlers Certification
- OLCC Servers Permit
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant and/or Bar Management: 2 years (Required)
- Service Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Eugene, OR (Required)
- OLCC (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.