Craft Beer is not just a job. It’s who we are.
Looking for a family of fun, craft beer lovin’ folks who know how to have a good time? Yeah, that’s us.
Award-winning beer? We got that.
Incredible food and a commitment to impeccable service? We practically wrote the book on it.
All we’re missing is you.
Karl Strauss Brewing Company in San Diego’s original craft brewery, pioneering the San Diego beer scene since 1989. Flash-forward 30 years and Karl Strauss is currently the 41st largest craft brewery in the US and operates 10 brewery restaurants across Southern California. We are a rapidly growing company, and we are lookin’ for some beer-loving rock stars who want to help us make people happy one Karl Strauss beer at a time.
Karl Strauss Brewing Company offers health benefits, flexible work/life balance, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, great food and beer discounts, Wellness Program, career development, and growth opportunities.
The Brewpub General Manager manages brewpub operations of his/her assigned location under limited to no supervision. This position requires extensive knowledge of company policy and procedures, with progressive skills acquired through training and experience. The Brewpub General Manager is also responsible for effectively developing and training his/her team providing a fair and productive workplace. Regular use of independent judgment is required.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Creates and maintains an environment of hospitality and excellence in execution.
- Trains management team on the methods used to proactively seek out and resolve guest concerns or issues.
- Resolves all escalated guest issues as necessary.
- Ensures management and staff’s focus on building guest relationships generating repeat visits.
- Provides proper & detailed training for all hourly & management personnel based on company-established criteria.
- Conducts and leads weekly management meetings addressing areas of concern, needed improvement, reward and recognition.
- Trains management teams on the proper execution of, and conduct, timely and detailed performance evaluations.
- Trains management team on the proper execution of new hire orientations.
- Provides daily inspiration to the management team and staff building morale.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5-6 years of progressive brewpub management experience within a full service, high volume, corporate and/or multi-unit environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. An emphasis in Hospitality/Brewpub Management preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel applications. Experience with Aloha POS operating system and GAAP practices preferred.
- Previous kitchen experience preferred.
Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced setting, prioritizing work assignments and managing multiple projects at one time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit karl-strauss-brewing-company.careerplug.com.