RRBC is hiring a full time Groundskeeper to join our team! This is a brand new position. Please read the description below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining the upkeep and cleanliness of the RRBC Windsor property to include grounds, facility exteriors, parking lots and other assigned areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs all landscape maintenance tasks on property to include mowing, planting, landscape maintenance, irrigation, and overall cleanliness of all outdoor public areas (front and rear parking lots, beer garden, bioswale, etc.).
- Responsible for assisting laying out, planting and maintaining both the future hopyard and kitchen garden
- Maintains accurate records for pesticide and fertilizer applications.
- Operates all tools and equipment necessary for the job(s) to be completed in a safe manner, (mower, hedger, trimmer, power washer, etc.).
- Maintains all landscaping equipment.
- Checks irrigation and performs basic repairs and/or timing adjustments, if necessary.
- Creates the daily/weekly/monthly list of tasks to be completed and maintains the grounds schedule as needed.
- Adheres to all Company safety rules and regulations.
- Special projects as directed by Owner(s) or Manager.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but must be able to work independently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, troubleshoot, and maintenance techniques
- Relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations for the protection of other employees and property
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions or approaches to problems
- Determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job; ability to operate all necessary equipment needed for job(s)
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail
- Understands written sentences in work related documents
- Be organized and concise in relation to all maintenance projects
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Work as a cooperative team member
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum two years related Landscaping/Groundskeeping experience
- Landscape design experience a plus
- Knowledge of various plant and tree species preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player; use of common sense in decision making
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess a class C license and an acceptable driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Landscape work is highly labor intensive. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 160 pounds. Climbing ladders may be required. Use of arms above or below the shoulder is required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee occasionally will need to operate a motor vehicle. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Typical schedule will be Monday – Friday.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor weather conditions
We offer a competitive wage, group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, 401k and discounts on beer/food/merchandise.
To apply for this job please visit secure.saashr.com.