Cashiers, NC only microbrewery with full restaurant is hiring a Head Brewmaster. This is a year round position with great pay, including benefits for the right candidate. WBC is located in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina, near the center of town and next door to Laurelwood Inn. WBC has a great team already in place and has just completed a very successful first season in 2018. However, our current Brew Meister, Dieter Kuhn, will be retiring and we need a qualified candidate to carry on the traditions established and create new brews to satisfy the demand. We are a family owned operation creating a safe environment for all employees. Incredible advancement opportunities as we grow with the ever increasing market here in Cashiers. We are looking for the right candidate to fit with our family environment. That means a good work ethic, honesty, and a friendly, genuine attitude.
We operate a 7BBl direct fire system using 5 fermentation tanks. Production is based on in house needs and keg delivery to several local country clubs and events facilities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Working with the owner to set upcoming production schedules for both taproom and distribution.
Ability to think critically and work unsupervised
Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
Ability to maintain detailed documentation
Ability to lift up to 55 pounds Supervising other brewers Raw ingredient receiving/management Creating brewery SOPs Wort production Yeast pitching/management Fermentation management All cellar work including barrel Keg filling, Tank cleaning and sanitation Brewhouse cleaning and general maintenance/repair Cellar and cold box cleaning
Candidates for this job should have the following qualifications:
* At least two years brewery experience and/or a certification from a brewing program
* Strong attention to detail.
* Independent work ethic, good time management.
* Have a developed and critical palate for beer, including recognition of known off flavors and how to avoid them (VDK tests, etc.)
* Have a skill and desire for writing new recipes.
* Ability to lift at least 55lbs at a time
* Experience with making a wide range of beers
* Good organization and cleanliness.
* General knowledge of infrastructure such as plumbing, glycol, electrical, CO2 delivery.
* Experience building and maintaining draught systems.
* Understanding of cleaning and sanitary procedures to minimize the risk of cross-contamination between sour and clean beers and equipment.
Interested in a great opportunity? Please send a resume for consideration!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.