If you are looking for an incredible opportunity to join a growing brewery, please read and apply!
Our client is an independent craft brewery located in St. Petersburg, Florida, founded to brew creative and pioneering beer. Actively involved in the community and many philanthropic ventures, our client is inspired by St. Petersburg’s unique history, and incorporates several historic themes in their brewery.
The Head Brewer is responsible for beer production, overall brewery operations, maintenance of proper licensing, and compliance with safety and health regulations. The Head Brewer leads recipe formulation, ensuring that all beer is of the highest quality. The Head Brewer also works closely with members of the operations team to bring innovative events and beers to the brewery. The ideal candidate will be innovative, self-motivated, and passionate about the independent craft beer industry.
- Manage the brewing and production, both large and small batch, for all Flying Boat Brewery beers and/or ciders
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance and operations of the brewhouse, including cleaning, equipment checks, and coordination with federal, state, and local inspectors
- Develop new recipes to meet market demands and trends
- Record gravities, temperatures, and pH daily and keep immaculate barrel records
- Select and order raw materials to be used throughout the brewing process; i.e., grain, hops, yeast
- Maintain safety and health standards
- Work with marketing to create and promote innovative brewery events and related beers
- Meet with trade associations, distributors, and collaborate with other breweries
- Availability to assist in taproom and be a positive representative of the brewery at events and in the community
- Additional responsibilities as needed
Minimum two years’ experience in the craft brewing industry. A degree in Brewing Science/Technology or related field preferred, but not required. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Highly organized with keen attention to detail. Ability to manage and supervise staff. Focused problem-solver with the ability to stay calm and work under pressure and deadlines. Comfortable with computers and technology. Willingness to continue education and help drive innovation.
Our client is an EEO employer. We are happy to provide accommodations to make the interview process easier. Should you need any accommodation, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.