Lakewood Brewing Company is a fast-paced, family owned and operated brewery looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our brewing team. We are one of the largest breweries in Texas and are known for brewing consistently high-quality beers. We have a 3 vessel semi-automated 30bbl brewhouse and fermenters ranging from 30-180 bbls. We brew up to 18 different styles per year including barrel-aged beers. Check us out on the web for a complete beer lineup: http://lakewoodbrewing.com/
Join our team and help lead a crew of brewers crafting our beers, as well as grow with us. We are seeking a knowledgeable brewer willing to take on the tasks of a growing brewing production, who has a solid foundation and the experience to tackle increased production, barrel aging, packaging and more.
- Leading a team in producing a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Writing and communicating a shift schedule for all brewing, cellar and packaging staff.
- Working with Logistics Coordinator to ensure all orders are met; ensuring no out-of-stocks, and that all orders received are fulfilled in full.
- Maintain set levels of product back-stock.
- Work with President and Logistics Coordinator to forecast and plan for any future personnel or equipment needs, allowing ample time for ordering and implementation.
- Proactively suggest process improvements as applicable for quality, consistency, efficiency, and cost savings.
- Building and maintaining a strong team of motivated and educated employees.
- Responsible for managing each production team member’s career development.
- Writing, updating, delivering and enforcing standard operating procedures for the department.
- Ensuring clean and sanitary equipment and working environment.
- Managing raw materials and packaging inventories and raw materials contracts*
- Analyzing and reporting on all brewing operations and efficiencies.
- Working with the department heads and production team to create and improve processes that ensure safety, quality and efficiency.
- Completing, entering and maintaining daily production records.
- Assist Maintenance team member in overseeing repairs and maintenance on all brewing and cellar equipment.
- Overseeing the pilot beer program including creating new and unique processes and beer recipes. Ensuring new products are developed in time for launches.
- Leading production meetings.
- Completing TTB Report of Operations Monthly.
- Entering builds in QuickBooks in an accurate and timely manner
- Lead and oversee all aspects of Barrel Program.
- Approving timesheets and minimizing overtime.
- Staying informed about new industry processes, practices and equipment.
- Help in procuring new equipment & assisting in install & commissioning.
- Work w/ sales team to minimize/eliminate out of stocks.
- Meet efficiency metrics and conduct ongoing measurements for efficiencies.
- Filling in when employees are out or on vacation.
- Training new hires for their position and teaching safe chemical usage, storage and disposal.
- Lead and build a proactive, positive team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of four years professional brewing, in a production brewery or high-volume brewpub required
- Brewer Certification or Fermentation Science education preferred but not required
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Passion for the brewing process and beer
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Comprehensive understanding of brewing science,brewery operations
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly
- Forklift certified a plus but not required
- Flexible schedule
- Must be at least 21 years of age and pass a background check
- Proper use of PPE
- Fast paced environment
- High sense of urgency
- High energy environment
- Passionate, creative and dedicated team
- Strong sense of camaraderie
- Medical/dental/vision insurance,paid vacation &sick days, free beer,and other great perks!
Sound like the job you’ve been looking for? Think you have the skills, passion, and personality to be a great fit? Send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
Note: resumes without cover letters and salary requirements will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- team management: 1 year (Preferred)
- professional brewing: 4 years (Required)
- Brewer Certification or Fermentation Science education (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.