Since 1988 Goose Island has innovated what beer can be. Follow us to see What's Next. Cheers from Chicago!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all hourly back of house staff in running brewpub kitchen according to specific and strict quality and efficiency standards.
- Work closely with pubs management team to ensure back of house and front of house operations coordinate seamlessly.
- Assists with the responsibility for the administrative tasks of running the kitchen (Scheduling, etc.).
- Trains and coordinates the training of kitchen staff for growth and development.
- Follows proper quality control procedures guaranteeing standards.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef this position will manage shifts which include daily decision making, staff support, guest interaction, and staff cutting while ensuring standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Assist in ensuring safe working and guest environment to reduce risk and injury.
- Report any incidents to the Executive Chef and HR immediately.
- Assists with daily orders and ensuring the kitchen has the products needed to function
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate team members.
- Must be proficient in all kitchen positions in the restaurant (line cook, prep cook, etc.).
- Ability to manage personal responsibilities in a high-stress, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Expert-level knowledge of food and beverage industry including back of house operations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with an ability to work in a team environment.
- Active problem solver with the ability to complete tasks while maintaining standards.
- Significant cooking experience in high-speed kitchen environment.
- Post-secondary education in culinary field a plus.
- If internal, experience and proven performance in “a;”Line Lead””a; and/or “a;”Prep Lead””a; positions.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Willing to work afternoon, night, and weekend shifts.
- Ability to learn and operate new systems/software for scheduling and inventory management.
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT
To apply for this job please visit abinbev.taleo.net.