Tangled Roots Brewing Company provides the very best in craft experiences through the quality and character of its beers and brewpubs alike. From growing our own hops and barley for our Farm to Foam series, to delighting consumers with leading craft food and beverages, we seek to be at the forefront of our industry. TRBC plans to open several brewpubs behind its growing beer business in the coming years and is seeking a talented and experienced lead brewer to add to our team.
The lead brewer will report into the Brewery Operations Manager and be responsible for daily operations including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, and packaging. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is energetic, self-motivated, and passionate about the craft brewing industry and who works well in a team to execute our company vision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fulfil key brewery operations to ensure quality and consistency of beer production throughout the brewing, fermentation, and packaging processes, including yeast handling.
- Brewing principally on our 12.5 BBL Braukon system in Ottawa, Illinois as well as other brewpub locations in Illinois.
- Understanding and ability to CIP brew house and fermentation vessels with the necessary care and attention to eliminate contamination risks.
- Maintain a clean and safe brewing environment.
- Oversee raw materials planning and packaging material planning and purchasing.
- Planning fermentation tank utilization and wort production.
- Assist with managing brewery risks through continuous improvement, business continuity planning, and effective maintenance regimes while maintaining quality standards.
- Disciplined in maintaining records on key aspects of the brewing process.
- Represent the company at events, festivals, functions, and trade organizations.
- Ability to work safely with heavy loads, hazardous chemicals, complex machinery, hot fluids, pressurized vessels, and transfer lines. Must be willing and able to repeatedly lift 55 lbs and maneuver 165 lbs.
The ideal candidate:
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience in a prominent brewing environment with experience stretching across all aspects of the brewing process. Strong preference will be given to someone with a formal brewing or brewing related education.
- Must have strong leadership skills, ability to show initiative, and confidence in self-management while taking ownership of responsibilities.
- Must show attention to detail, be safety-minded, quality-focused, have a great work ethic.
- Be willing to grow into new and expanding roles, be calm under stress, have the ability to solve problems under pressure and strive for excellence.
Interested applicants should send letter of interest and resume by 1/1/2020
Job Type: Full-time
- Brewing: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.