Since 1988 Goose Island has innovated what beer can be. Follow us to see What's Next. Cheers from Chicago. Goose Island Beer Co., Chicago, IL. 21+ to follow.
Main Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Has extensive experience in a brewing and packaging lab setting.
- Trains and mentors Lab Analyst I and Analyst II team members. Is looked to as the technical expert within the lab team.
- Takes a leading role in quality testing and data integrity to insure the quality of our beer.
- Owns the calibration and troubleshooting of lab instruments at Fulton and Sacramento labs.
- Owns the Statistical Process Control, PPM instrument performance metrics, and Brewery Wide Control program. Reports on the performance monthly, and oversees actions to close gaps.
- Leads the coordination of lab operations, including but not exclusive to brewhouse and yeast pitching schedules, yeast propagations, coordinates lab duties, oversees the adherence to the minimum master sampling plan.
- Ensures that the sample plans and sanitation schedules are followed and records are maintained.
- Writes and updates lab standard operating procedures, provides training as needed.
- Collaborates with other departments to drive continuous improvement in quality throughout operations. Participates in brewery-wide troubleshooting efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-intensive discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc.) and at least three years of experience in food and beverage industry or master’s degree.
- Must have advanced knowledge of analytical and microbiological testing methods.
- Beer or beverage experience required. Comprehension of brewing, packaging, and general manufacturing processes.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory instrument operation and calibration required. Experience with gas chromatography required.
- Is naturally self-directed, but connects with the QA manager frequently to co-develop quality programs.
- Good time management, math, and communication skills are required.
- Follows oral and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Flexible schedule required due to rotating weekend shifts.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit abinbev.taleo.net.