A Packaging Maintenance Technician keeps the bottling line operating by troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and modifying the department’s equipment, ensuring safe and efficient operations.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for quality, duration, and thoroughness of all work under jurisdiction.
- Inspects lines at the start of the shift and throughout the day to ensure equipment is running properly and safely.
- Stays in contact with work progress, addresses any delays, keeps operations moving forward, and checks works for quality and progress at milestone points.
- Creates and performs planned job packages and prioritizes work based on the necessity for continued flow of production.
- Makes tactical decisions as necessary staying as close to schedule as possible with planned Work Orders.
- Ensures that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed; instructs crews in proper equipment usage.
- Communicates machine improvement suggestions, equipment requiring maintenance, training opportunities, or operational/safety concerns to the supervisor when appropriate.
- Supports and leads TPM efforts including: DDS meetings, Kaizen events, 5S maintenance shops, and AM events.
- Design and assist in the development and implementation of Plant and machinery upgrades and improvements.
- Utilizes the CMMS to create, manage, and document all work; Reviews the written quality of Maintenance Work Orders to ensure explanations are complete and accurate.
- Compiles shift information to leads shift “pass down” meeting.
- Works with Packaging Manager to drive Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Responsible for the organization of tools & parts; Orders non-stocked parts for the team; arranges for material and equipment to accommodate unforeseen/unscheduled conditions.
- Promotes and adheres to Lagunitas’ safety policies, rules and regulations.
What we’re lookin’ for:
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience as a maintenance technician.
- Brewing or high speed carbonated beverage packaging experience strongly preferred.
- Must have electrical safety knowledge.
- Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems issues.
- PLC knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and equipment manuals.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and special tools; may need to provide own tools.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) required.
- Experience completing preventive maintenance activities.
- Must be highly goal oriented and proactive.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- Able to work in a manner consistent with plant safety and product quality.
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate issues, opportunities and risk.
- Willing to work weekends and off-shifts; acceptance of varying and flexible schedules.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- The work environment is indoors or in a production environment.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions in Production environment.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 50 feet.
- Ability to crawl, bend, twist, turn, and stop.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.