POSITION SUMMARY: As a key member of the Packaging Team, the Packaging Trainer will manage training within the Packaging department. Tasks include training and assessment of packagers, tracking results and qualifications, management of Packaging SOP’s and related record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
• Embraces how diversity and eccentricities make Bell’s a better company. Operates in a spirit of open and honest cooperation while valuing the inherent self-worth & dignity of every employee
• Works independently and collaboratively with the Packaging Leadership and SME’s to effectively transfer knowledge to employees.
• Viewed as a SME within the Packaging department and designs and development trainings for staff.
• Works with Shift Leads to develop, plan, and facilitate new hire and internal transfer training plans.
• Identifies and prioritizes department training needs and requirements based on department goals.
• Ensures that competencies required by existing and evolving processes are identified and incorporated into programs and trainings.
• Works with Instructional Designer and Training Specialist to design a variety of modules, including by not limited to hands-on training, e-learning, and blended learning to engage staff.
• Assesses the effectiveness of training material with a focus on continual improvement and streamlining learning effectiveness.
• Develops and administers evaluations for the purpose of assessing competency levels and/or retention of content and material.
• Uses adult learning principles in development and delivery or related trainings, recognizes and adapts to different learning styles.
• Documents, edits, and publishes processes and tracking as they relate to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Provides coaching on SOP execution and compliance.
• Reviews current and new SOP’s and provides suggestions based off department standards.
• Performs audits on SOP’s to ensure effectiveness with the SME’s.
• Assists with implementation, training and SOP writing of new equipment and processes.
• Tracks and reports training and SOP KPI’s.
• Consistently looks for ways to improve and/or enhance training programs, materials, and learning objectives.
• Travels between company sites for meetings and trainings.
• Flexible schedule required to facilitate off shift and weekend trainings.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Access to a personal vehicle.
• Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Captivate, and Photoshop).
• General office equipment (copier, printer, fax, scanner)
• Automated packaging equipment
• Forklift trucks
• A variety of hand and power tools
• Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
• Hand Held Bar Code Scanner
• Touchscreen machine controls
• Compressed air or other gasses, including C02
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable addressing diverse groups.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards who will positively represent Bell’s Brewery both internally and externally.
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
• Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work load to balance multiple projects.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Ability to provide direction, coaching and mentoring to employees while creating an environment that encourages and values input and feedback.
• Ability to work independently and on team based projects.
• The ability to positively engage employees in support of safe work practices.
• Strong observational and analytical skills.
• Ability to coordinate schedules with other departments.
• Advanced PC skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Work and PowerPoint).
• Ability to coordinate cross-departmental and within department to accommodate schedules needs.
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedule, as off shifts, and weekends as needed to support 24/7 operations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• An accredited Brewing Certification or related science degree, is a plus.
• 1-3 years’ experience in a production brewery.
• Demonstrated understanding of the packaging processes and the role of sanitation in beer making.
• Previous experience in a training or leadership role within a production environment.
• A high level of professionalism.
• Good mechanical skills and ability to troubleshoot problems.
• Enthusiasm for craft beer and knowledge of the brewing process.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Work is performed in operational and office areas.
• The employee frequently must work in a sterile environment.
• The noise level in the packaging facilities is frequently loud (80+ dB)
• The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, steam and flame
• The employee regularly works with pressurized vessels
• The employee comes in contact with and has to handle broken glass.
• The employee handles hazardous materials.
• The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• The employee works in a shared office environment
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit bellsbeer.csod.com.