Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady, makers of Beer Making Kits and DIY food kits, are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Production Planner to oversee the planning, purchasing and scheduling of our production runs onsite at our Kingston, NY facility.
Our Kingston team is responsible for an array of jobs that include building our products, receiving, inventory sorting, pick and pack, kitting, special projects and shipping everything from small parcel to freight to international shipping containers. As the Production Planner you will you will act as the official timekeeper of all production runs and be responsible for ordering raw components, creating spec sheets, scheduling builds with the warehouse lead and coordinating shipment of finished goods.
A love of craft beer, brewing and working knowledge of beer styles and ingredients (or willingness to learn) and other DIY food and fermentation projects is a huge plus.
- Order short-lead and long-lead components for upcoming production builds and ecommerce sites
- Maintain purchasing calendars, review inventory levels, report and plan replenishments
- Project inventory needs based on past sales and upcoming orders
- Negotiate price breaks
- Research alternate and new suppliers
- Production Planning
- Schedule all production runs and maintain calendar of what is being produced when
- Work with Brooklyn-based sales team to process wholesale orders and see them through from fulfillment to delivery in compliance with retailer guidelines
- Create SOPs for product or customer specific labeling or packing requirements
- Work with Warehouse Lead to make sure production runs are being completed on schedule and to spec
- Communicate any production changes or delays to all departments
- Coordinate Shipments
- Work with Brooklyn team to coordinate incoming and outgoing LTL, full truckload, and container distribution of finished goods to retailers or warehouses (both domestic and international)
- Oversee E-Commerce Pick and Pack Fulfillment:
- Work with Warehouse Lead to ensure that e-commerce orders are shipped out accurately and on schedule
- Review inventory levels, report and plan replenishments
- Keep shipping materials stocked
- Keep Accurate Records
- Enter incoming components, BOMs, manufacturing orders and completed shipments in our internal MRP system
- Use QuickBooks to create POs, invoices, and inventory items and work with on-site bookkeeper to maintain accurate files
- Research new projects, products and suppliers
What your typical day might look like:
- Follow-up with vendors and check tracking of incoming materials
- Coordinate with Brooklyn team on production schedule for the week and adjust production schedules as individual timelines shift, alert team of any finished product delays
- Process weekly Amazon orders
- Book finished good shipments
- Plan upcoming production runs
- Order and track raw materials with timelines ranging from 2 days to 5 months
- Monitor inventory levels and order products as necessary
- Research new suppliers and products
- Bachelors degree
- You have at least 1-2 years of production, supply chain or logistics work experience preferably at a specialty food or consumer goods company
- You are comfortable analyzing data and projecting long-term material needs.
- You have solid Microsoft Excel skills and want to learn even more
- You have experience in coordinating shipping and/or working with products
- Paperwork is your middle name and you embrace it
- You work well under pressure and have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently and enjoy it!
- You are a team player and able to take direction, yet extremely self-motivated
- You are interested in product development especially in the specialty food, beer and DIY sectors
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy’s, Nordstom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.