Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. strives for quality in everything we do. From pioneering new beer styles to innovating groundbreaking environmental initiatives, we take our time and look at every option to ensure the best possible outcome. This stubborn insistence on quality extends to our workplace environment as well. We are looking for a self-motivated, driven individual to work as our Brewery Security Guard and under general supervision, will perform patrolling of assigned areas to ensure the safety and protection of guests, employees and company property at the SNBC Mills River campus.
Please Note: this recruitment is for a PART-TIME position with availability to work FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY
- Protect life and property by patrolling property on foot or in a motor vehicle, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Monitor entrances and departure of employees, visitors, and deliveries vehicles including the movement of stock in and out of the building to guard against theft.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service is provided and listens and responds to guest or employee concerns and questions.
- Enforces company policies as they pertain to guest and employee conduct on the premises and documents infractions and advises management where appropriate.
- Responds to calls for service throughout the property and applies appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
- Responds to requests for medical assistance when required and renders first aid consistent with company policy, skill level and certification.
- Use walkie-talkies, and cell phones as necessary to stay in contact with security personnel.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and use of CCTV surveillance equipment.
- During serious emergencies, may be assigned to assist in the evacuation of the brewery.
- Provide assistance with VIP or Talent security, internal investigations and preventing internal theft through loss prevention practices.
- Performs other security duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must enjoy engaging with staff and members of the public – this is a customer service focused position
- Must have communication skills needed to interact with a diverse population
- Must have the ability to successfully and effectively work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in any situation
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and calmly in a variety of different situations
- Must have the ability to multitask while keeping organized
- Must have the ability to to proficiently use standard computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite
Education & Experience
- Completion of a two-year college degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- One year security or related experience is highly desired
- Security certification / training desired but not mandatory
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (both weather and non-weather related); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection. Occasionally exposed to and safely navigates work areas under construction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and maneuver up to 35 pounds without assistance, safely and with proper body mechanics. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and climb permanent and temporary stairs and ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays depending on business needs
- Occasional travel may be required for this job
- The selected candidate MUST have a valid driver license and a clean driving record free of any major violations in the past FIVE years
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
This position will remain open until filled
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.