Are you a Senior Graphic Designer that would like to help shape the look and feel of a global, badass brand? How would you like to do that in the world of craft beer? Stone Brewing is looking for an amazing Senior Graphic Designer to join the merry band of misfits in our Marketing team. You will have to like diversity in your work, because you will be helping drive the visual experience of the Stone brand and our Gargoyle across packaging, merchandise, retail, restaurants, as well as across major events & other craft beer experiences. You will develop creative work across all these facets of our brand and business. We are looking for someone who self-organizes and takes ownership of jobs—ensuring they are on time, on budget and live up to or exceed creative standards. If you have a passion for driving incredible work on powerful, creative brands – come join us!
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop conceptual design solutions from inception to delivery.
- Create portfolio-worthy work that upholds the design standards of the team.
- Keep current on industry trends by staying on top of current design and beverage trends.
- Ensure that ideas and artwork are relevant to today’s market and will set our brands apart.
- Collaborate with the copywriting team to drive the design of campaigns to promote new and current beer releases.
- Ensure all beer release design materials have a unique voice, stand out in the marketplace and have a consistent look and feel.
- Design product packaging, point of sales materials, events materials, merchandise, website and social media imagery and other deliverables.
- Mentor junior designers as requested.
- Delegate work, give design direction and develop project check-in times for junior team members.
- Assist in the development of new processes to streamline workflow.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table that help direct the future of the brand.
- Seek feedback from management and adjust work accordingly.
- Direct and attend photo shoots as needed. Collaborate with photographer to communicate shot list vision and ensure correct photos are taken. Direct edits in post-production.
- Provide estimates of turnaround times and resources required for completion of various creative tasks.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate sending and approving artwork.
- Regularly assess assignment priorities and communicate road blocks to the team.
- Leverage deep knowledge of pre-press techniques, including screen printing, to create hi-res, output ready files across a variety of mediums.
- Ensure that all files are spell checked, have correct logos and are proofed by before presenting to client. Once design is approved by management, follow Stone routing protocol to ensure the highest level of quality before releasing file/executing.
- Prep presentation materials and strategize best ways to present materials for approval.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Graphic Design or Visual Arts.
- Experience: At least 7 years of related experience and/or training. Experience working in an agency preferred. Must have experience using pre-press techniques with hi-res, press ready files. Must have experience working in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload, managing multiple tasks and taking ownership of assignments to ensure they are on time and on strategy. Experience taking initiative to identify and lead projects that help the department and company be more organized and efficient is a must. Must have experience using technical production skills with in-depth knowledge of pre-press procedures. Experience working with illustration and layered photo files as well as setting-up and formatting multi-page documents required.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency with Mac OSX and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: None
Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
To apply for this job please visit stonebrewing.atsondemand.com.