Website Vintage Brewing Company
We’re a family owned and operated restaurant and brewery in beautiful Madison, Wisconsin with a second brewpub on the shores of the Wisconsin river in downtown Sauk City, Wisconsin. We feature “elevated Americana” cuisine and an eclectic array of highly- acclaimed house-made brews. We value creativity, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a dedication to exceptional quality. We invite guests to a cozy, casual, non-pretentious atmosphere, yet strive to far exceed the expectations of a “typical” brewpub. Our reputation is built on inventive, from-scratch cooking and a passion for creating new classic and experimental brews.
Vintage Brewing Co. is a growing brewpub chain seeking a Sous Chef to assist with the leadership duties.
Our new Sous Chef will help us develop a culinary team that’s skilled, hard-working, and well-trained in its operations, procedures and routines. We are a supportive and active ownership team, willing and able to provide the guidance and tools needed for our team’s’ success. We are a family-based company that values hard work but also quality of life. We’re seeking high standards of quality and productivity, but not candidates to burn out with inhuman hours or unrealistic expectations.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of restaurant kitchen management experience.
- 1+ years banquet chef experience.
- Has lead a BOH staff of 30 + employees.
- Scratch kitchen experience, in which multiple stations were worked and understood.
- A good knowledge of the fundamentals of food and ingredient relationships.
- Has excellent communication and strong people skills.
- Has business savvy with strong collaboration skills for working with all management staff both FOH and BOH.
- Is a genuine team player, willing to work collaboratively with managers and employees of all departments for the best interest and collective success of the company.
- Has a strong management background.
- Able to work flexible hours which includes days, nights, weekends, holidays, festivals, and VBC sponsored events.
- Enjoys teaching others, balancing employee performance and development.
- The Sous Chef must live by a guest orientated philosophy and show honesty and integrity in all things.
Primary job duties/requirements:
- Staffing: Interview, hire and train BOH personnel. Conduct performance reviews.
- Scheduling: Manage labor and scheduling. Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high quality standards.
- Supervise all BOH employees.
- Managing costs: Manage food and labor costs. Work to optimize profitability while ensuring quality.
- The ability to execute all daily operations to include but not limited to; prep production, line production, shift execution, ordering, recipe adherence, and recipe development.
- Sanitation: Maintain impeccable safety and sanitation standards.
- Competent computer skills: Maintain diligent record-keeping and report to management and owners in a timely manner.
- Positively represent and promote Vintage Brewing Company at public appearances, tastings, festivals and competitions.
- Coordinate cross-training activities and menu training with kitchen staff. Cultivate and promote a spirit of inter-departmental teamwork. Enjoy the happy work environment you’ve helped create!
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Moving safely and efficiently about the facilities.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Handling food, objects, products, and utensils.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.