We are looking for an energetic and friendly individual with a passion for outstanding customer service, attention to detail and love for craft beer to join the Alter Taproom Team. Currently, we are looking for a part-time employee to work weekends and the occasional weekday with hours as early as 11am and as late as 11pm. Occasional event and festival work may also be available. Primary job duties will be centered around the taproom and lending a hand during brewery events.
The Taproom Server position will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Serving and talking confidently about the beer in our taproom. A passion for the craft beer industry is a must!
- Interacting with customers in a way that builds relationships and creates an environment that is open to anyone that walks through our doors.
- Be a positive representative of Alter Brewing Co. At all times.
- Draft system maintenance & troubleshooting—changing kegs, organizing the walk-in cooler, etc.
- Sharing the Alter Story (don’t worry…we’ll teach you!). Bring a fun, upbeat & enthusiastic personality to the table and we can show you the rest.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the taproom—must be a self-starter and willing to help where needed.
- All employees are required to become BASSETT certified upon hire.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have the ability to work around alcohol without abusing it. A professional and positive attitude at all times.
- Strong craft beer knowledge—beer styles and brewing process. Previous serving experience of craft beer is a major plus.
- Availability for a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work long shifts and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 45 lbs and move 160 lbs.
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high volume or uncertainty. Great social skills and the ability to multi-task are key.
- Experience with a point of sale system and cash handling skills.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and mature judgment in handling all situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of draft systems and clean bar operations: including growler washing and filling, sweeping and mopping; overall taproom cleanliness; cleaning restrooms and other duties typical of taproom operations.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.