Penrose Brewing is a growing production brewery located in Geneva, Illinois, a Western suburb of Chicago. The ideal Taproom Manager candidate is outgoing, friendly and has the ability to make every customer feel welcome and respected.
– The ability to multi task and think on your feet
– An understanding of the brewing process and beer flavors
– An understanding of draft systems
– BASSET Certified
– FoodSafe Manager Certified
– Cicerone Beer Server; Level 2 and above a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
– Must be able to lift 35 lb. cases of beer,, and move 165 lb. kegs of beer
This is a full-time position requiring flexibility in schedule. Must be able to work Taproom hours including nights and weekends. Compensation will be dependent upon experience.
The Taproom Manager position is responsible for creating a clean, welcoming and efficient environment for Penrose Brewing customers and staff. They are the first introduction to people as they experience our beers, our taproom and our brand.
TAPROOM STAFF MANAGEMENT
– Courteous, positive, professional, informative, welcoming and friendly.
– Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and maintaining levels of education of taproom staff
– Communicate new releases, event scheduling, etc with direct reports and customers
– Create and maintain a constant education structure for Taproom staff
– Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the Taproom
– Follow local health code standards and make sure that staff follows as well
– Clean and maintain draft line systems
– Schedule and monitor monthly / weekly / nightly cleaning checklists
– Communicate scheduling and booking with Events coordinator
– Make certain event hosts have their needs met and questions answered
– Update Square POS with new items
– Create Weekly Sales Report and communicate with management team / direct reports
– Update upcoming Event Posters, Signage
– Maintain and balance Inventory of beer, merch and supplies
– Report on nightly Taproom activity
– Maintain a full schedule of rotating Food Trucks and Local Restaurants on weekends
– Schedule and run events targeting local Industry Professionals
– Create and schedule events to drawing customers to the Taproom
– Manage logistics of Beer Release Events
– Manage Private, Public and Groupon bookings
– Ensure tour guides give memorable tours that draw customers to the taproom
– Update website with tour dates
– Field questions re: tour scheduling
– Able to conduct tours
– Understand and communicate flavor profiles and styles of beers
– Participates in weekly sensory panel
– Reliable work ethic and a strong personality
– A respect for beer
– Able to be flexible and maintain composure in a fast-paced setting
– Self starter that doesn’t wait around to be assigned tasks
If you’re interested in applying please fill out the information below and attach a resume and cover letter in pdf format.
To apply for this job please visit penrosebrewing.com.