Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
Help us to tell the Tröegs story and create memorable experiences for guests! We’re looking for friendly, outgoing and flexible beer lovers to lead tours of our production brewery. The Tröegs tour –named one of the top five brewery tours in the country by USA Today – is an in-depth peek behind the curtain. You’ll introduce guests to our Splinter Cellar — our new wood-aging dream space — and follow in the footsteps of our brewers through the mill room, hop cooler, brewhouse deck, fermentation cellar and packaging lines. The ideal candidate is comfortable speaking to groups, passionate about beer and embraces the role of a Tröegs ambassador. You’ll have opportunities to shadow our brewers and learn about the intersection of ingredients, techniques and flavors. Flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn the history of Tröegs, our process, philosophies and the culture of the brewery.
- Greet all visitors to the brewery.
- Conduct guided tours of the brewery to groups of 10 or more.
- Follow prescribed Tour Script, providing storytelling and anecdotes to enhance the guest experience
- Describe beers, brewing techniques and brewery history; answers visitor’s questions about beers.
- Pour beers for tasting; complete RAMP certification.
- Make recommendations on beer and food selections based on customer preferences.
- Upsell packaged beer and merchandise.
- Present beer description, ingredients and “We Taste” notes at AM and PM shift meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Follow and complete a checklist for pre and post tour responsibilities.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area throughout brewery.
- Uphold safety standards for staff and patrons while in production areas.
- Convey the Tröegs story and information to all levels of beer knowledge.
- Provide general tourist information.
- Actively suggest ideas to optimize and improve tours.
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to navigate staircases, wet floors, and tight spaces.
- Ability to comfortably speak before large groups of people.
- Ability to work near moving machinery parts.
- Strong knowledge of Tröegs Brewery, its history and its beer.
- General knowledge of the brewing process and beer production.
- General knowledge of the beer industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Friendly and energetic attitude with ability to project voice in loud areas.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Less than 30 hours per week;
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate–controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
- Low to moderate noise levels,
- Occasional exposure to fumes and airborne particles relative to normal cellar process,
- Hot water,
- Steam, and
- Pressurized vessels.
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with broken glass and wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are potential candidate, we will call you
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.